Sign in to follow this  
eatkins

Lear 35A and ILS approach

First I would like to say how great the new Lear 35 is. Looks and flying is top notch.

My question is when I am doing an ILS approach I get no needle movement on the gauge. But the plane captures and files the ILS an GS. I know I am missing something just not sure what?

All my other payware and freeware planes work great. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or what I have missed.

Eddie

Make sure you have selected Nav not GPS right before capturing the ILS?

ok now I just feel stupid

I don't remember if I did or not?

Will check and see next flight tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks!!!!

Same here but with RNAV approaches...(yes GPS as nav source selected in this case)

Ditto, the HSI does not display GPS guidance when selected but the autopilot will track the GPS in NAV mode. Reported that but was told it worked for him, same result in FSX or P3D.

Gary Stewart

First I would like to say how great the new Lear 35 is. Looks and flying is top notch.

My question is when I am doing an ILS approach I get no needle movement on the gauge. But the plane captures and files the ILS an GS. I know I am missing something just not sure what?

All my other payware and freeware planes work great. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or what I have missed.

Eddie

I did a few flights over the weekend and noticed the same behavior. I was using RNAV only this time.

The other thing I noticed: Nosewheel-steering and reverser work during the takeoff phase, but never right before and after the touchdown. Only when selecting "repair and refuel" on the runaway, I was able to arm the reversers again and steer to the parking. Im using P3DV3.

Cheers, Marcel

I have the same problem.  However, I found if I load the MU-2 v1.9 in FSX and tune the GTN-750 nav recevier to the ILS frequency and then load the Lear and tune to the ILS frequency, it worked.  The GS and LOC needles did exactly what they should do.  That procedure does make for a rather challenging descent profile though.  So, it might be better to do it on the ground.... :Tounge:

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Just took the Lear up for the first time. Overall, a great plane during startup, taxi, TO and flight.

Upon landing, I could not turn on nose wheel steering, which worked fine during taxi and TO. On approach, I was all over the place with pitch and yaw. Might just need to get used to her or adjust control sensitivity just for this one. Am I doing something wrong with NWS on touchdown?

It also generated content errors in the P3D log. Will get some more air time in and see what happens.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Everything creates errors in the P3D log...Disable it and life becomes more enjoyable. It has meaning for debugging while developing for P3D.

And press the orange button on the yoke or the button on the centre console.

RobdeVries.jpg

I have the same problem.  However, I found if I load the MU-2 v1.9 in FSX and tune the GTN-750 nav recevier to the ILS frequency and then load the Lear and tune to the ILS frequency, it worked.  The GS and LOC needles did exactly what they should do.  That procedure does make for a rather challenging descent profile though.  So, it might be better to do it on the ground.... :Tounge:

We found a customer had their GTN 750 freq set for Nav 2. This should be Nav 1 since there is Nav 2 radios on the pedestal. Also the pilot HSI is only for Nav 1 and the copilot is for Nav 2. My tech guy did not believe me on this type of setup but it's in the tech manual and is correct.

Just took the Lear up for the first time. Overall, a great plane during startup, taxi, TO and flight.

Upon landing, I could not turn on nose wheel steering, which worked fine during taxi and TO. On approach, I was all over the place with pitch and yaw. Might just need to get used to her or adjust control sensitivity just for this one. Am I doing something wrong with NWS on touchdown?

It also generated content errors in the P3D log. Will get some more air time in and see what happens.

Not sure why some of you have to do repairs after landing. I will keep an eye on this as i have nobody else mentioning this issue. For after landing you can turn on the steer lock once below 45 knots.

Ok guys,

I also had the GTN750 comm2/nav2 issue. With that solved in the GTN config the HSI shows the GS et al. Perfect.

But I still have no GS with RNAV/GPS approaches. I tried several in the Alaska area (e.g. RNAV PAGS rwy29)  but no joy. And yes AP set to NAV, GTN set to GPS, NAV/GPS switch on the centre console set to GPS. But still no WAAS/GS guidance.

Anyone still seeing this behaviour? Any solution?

RobdeVries.jpg

You might have to select APR on the AP for a GPS approach. But in this case it won't give you a glide slope indication as the approach to PAGS seems to have no vertical guidance (LP only). Please check the approach chart.

Felix

Thanks Felix,

The AP has only NAV and GS as the relevant buttons in this case?

And with regard to the approach: I though I saw "LP"  in the MDA part of the chart, so I assumed that Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance was available? I might be wrong though about the interpretation.

But I tried it as well at the PAYA RWY11 RNAV approach and that one has a LPV approach and that did also not yield any vertical guidance in the HSI.

Darn... 

RobdeVries.jpg

Of course you are right, there is no APR button in the Lear 35, just the GS button! I was not aware of it while not sitting at the sim. And yes indeed, there is no glide-slope indicator, although the GTN shows LPV (I tried the PAYA approach also). So, I don't have a solution (yet).

Regarding the RNAV approach definition: LP is, according my understanding, a GPS approach with lateral guidance (localizer function) only, while the LPV approach includes the vertical guidance (glide-slope function) as well. The available modes are mentioned at the bottom of the approach plate.

Felix

Felix - There is a glide slope indicator on the PFD - it becomes active IF there is a GS signal otherwise you have a straight localizer approach.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors