Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Engine failure during takeoff

Guest staalemoum

During takeoff with my pmdg 737-800, just seconds before V1. Both engines stop. Also during landing some hours later. Fs9 crashes to the desktop. What is going on? Can someone help me???

Guest Benji1984

>During takeoff with my pmdg 737-800, just seconds before V1.>Both engines stop. Also during landing some hours later. Fs9>crashes to the desktop. What is going on? Can someone help>me???I have the exact same problem when I take off... When rotation speed is reached, I hear the "engine failure" call and than my both engines stop running!I hope you all can help us because I really have the need to fly this beautiful aircraft!

Guest georg

Check the fuel!!-/-/-/-Ok, I know it was stupid but I just had to.. :)

Guest staalemoum

Been flying add ons for many years so I know what I am doing.

Guest ba747heavy

Your rotating too fast, had a tail strike, and FS decided that your engines need to shut down. Proper way to takeoff is to rotate at 2-2.5 degrees per second until 8 degress pitch up. Hold 8 degrees until positive rate, and then rotate all the way up to 15 degrees.It is important to remember your hind end is way more out there then it was on the 6/700 ;)

Guest georg

>Been flying add ons for many years so I know what I am>doing.Ok, no offence :) It was just a stupid joke, I was answering to so many topics here that I couldnt left this one empty :D

Guest staalemoum

>Your rotating too fast, had a tail strike, and FS decided>that your engines need to shut down. Proper way to takeoff is>to rotate at 2-2.5 degrees per second until 8 degress pitch>up. Hold 8 degrees until positive rate, and then rotate all>the way up to 15 degrees.>>It is important to remember your hind end is way more out>there then it was on the 6/700 ;)But the engines shuts down before I rotate. Didnt I wrote that it happends before V1!

Guest Dash8driver

Same thing happend to me about an hour ago. Right at V1, just before I started to rotate both engines died! I pulled onto the taxiway and tried to restart them but all they would do is motor, they would not light up. All fuel pumps where on, with lots of fuel onboard.

Ok folks, 1] Engines ONLY fail on the rwy when FS thinks your plane is crashing. This happens when one pulls back on the stick too fast. But that is not rulling out scenery etc so next point-2] Disable crash detection in the fs menu! If you just have to have it then please try it in fullscreen and report back if there is any change!Thanks[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Engine failure occurs at V1, with default scenery, and crash detection turned off. As stated in another post it cannot be tail strike as the nose wheel hasn't left the ground.After saving another default flight with the same result, I deleted my fs9.cfg file and tried again no engine failures this time, but lost all my settings:-( . Will try again later and report back if it happens again.Simon

Guest PhilipManwaring

Same thing here. I had one flight go fine, the next time the #1 engine would fail at V1 every time and FS would log it as a failure. No amount of reseting would cure the failure. I finally restarted FS and then it worked OK. Same procedure was used both times. Very odd.

Guest ba747heavy

>But the engines shuts down before I rotate. Didnt I wrote that>it happends before V1!If you want to have an attitude with whomever is trying to help you, you can count on not having help from that person for very long.In any case, I am sorry that I wasted your time with a post that apparently didn't address your problem. :-roll

I have just restarted my computer and set up the same flight with the -900 as the sucessful takeoff mentioned above. Engine failure at V1 again, I've now put my original fs9.cfg back until the answer is found.Simon

Guest LLgaz

Very first time I tried to take off I had the engine failure close to V1. I hadn't even started to rotate yet. I shut down FS, rebooted my computer and restarted, going through the entire motion again. This time I took off with no problem.Very strange that first time though. One thing I was glad about was the fact that I remembered to save my route in the FMC.BTW, as a rule, I ALWAYS start every flight with the default cessna situation at KSEA in the log-on screen.

Guest Vector2Final

Interesting enough I had the same thing happen to me with the 800. I did have the Cessna saved as the default flight so I could start up cold and dark. I erased the file and used the saved flight from PMDG instead. I think this may be what's causing the problem. I erased it and remade the default flight using the Cessna. It worked just fine.BTW, this is my first post on the AVSIM forums. Just want to add what a great plane everyone at PMDG has made. I'm a relatively new owner (purchased the base product a few weeks ago).-Charles P.

Gents-For us to be able to identify a source- we need more than just a "X happened."Tell us where...Tell us what scenery you are using there.Tell us what you had done before the incident...Tell us how you loaded the airplane... saved flight? Saved flight from a menu? HOW?Give us every shred of information you can- because the reports you are making are not enough information to even begin looking....Thanks!

Guest Vector2Final

Sorry Robert. Here is what I did as much as I can remember correctly.Aircraft: 737-800 Excel AirwaysRoute: Prague to GibraltarNothing major scenery wise other than a few odds and ends dowloaded from the AVSIM library.Usual start up procedure:Default Cessna 172 at KGSO with the default flight. I never click the Fly Now button without first changing the plane, weather, flightplan, etc.The Cessna is saved as the default flight with everything cold and dark.I was reading the PMDG manual and saw that there was a default scenario provided. I then erased the Default KSGO files from my Flight Simulator Files folder.I restarted FS went to the Select a Flight and picked the PMDG Cold and Dark flight. I moved the plane to KDBQ, panned outside the plane to see that it was the 737 with winglets, went back into the cockpit and saved it as the default flight.I restarted FS again and chose the 738 Excel, fair weather, filed a flight plan from Prague to Gibraltar, adjusted the fuel, and set the time to 5:45 AM local.Once the scenario loaded I went through the start procedures, entered everything into the FMC, and was cleared for takeoff runway 31. I taxied to runway, engaged the throttle up to N1 and was heading smoothly down the runway. I got the 80 knots callout and then at the V1 the left engine cut out just as I hearing rotate. I had yet to pull back on the stick. Needless to say I went careening off the runway. ;)Afterwards I deleted the PMDG default flight and set it up as the Cessna again. When I went back into FS I created the same scenario and was able to take off just fine, though the radio did get stuck and I wasn't able to contact ground or tower.Hope that helps..-Charles P.

I don't think it's related to add-on scenery, Rob... I have none.Baffling.Cheers.Ian.P.S. I wonder if the CWT fuel problem has resurfaced?

Guest felgenputzer

I am experiencing exactly the same Problem.Yesterday I tried to fly with the Air Berlin 737-800 from EDDP and both engines stopped shortly after V1 (before rotation).I tried the same thing with the AB 737-700 and the same thing happened.Today I wanted to give it another try and this time I had a single engine failure (of the left engine) at V1.I repeated the "experiment" 4 or 5 times and it was always the same.I tried the following things that didn't work :-select disable crash detection-select unlimited fuel-selected a programmed engine failure in the PMDG Menu after 60hours-selected a programmed engine failure in the FS2004 menu between 150 and 180minsFurther Info :The engine failure is shown in the FS Failures menu after it occuredSo please try to work on this .... this way it's simply not possible to fly around with this aircraft

Happened to me last night,Location: KSYR (no addon scenery)Aircraft: flying the 700 Paint: Midcon Air (my repaint)Flying online VATSIM (Kind of embarasing telling Boston center that I had to close my IFR due to the fact that my engines died and I couldn't start them again...lol)Happened prior to rotation. Note: This hadn't happened previouse to this and I flew two more flights after reseting fs9 and it didn't happen again????Hope this helps.

Hello guys,Just one quick question:Does those crashes happen when you start with the default cessna, engine off, then you load the 737?May be the question sounds stupid, cause I do not have any more crashes since I load directly the 737, standard way, no saved situation, then turn every thing of to have a cold and dark plane.If ever I start again with a saved flight, or situation, i have the crash.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

No, I am starting up directly with the 737.On a side note, can someone that is also having this problem check in their styles menu and see if your fs2004 internal is shaded out? I am having this problem and I am just trying to search for any type of correlation.

Guest felgenputzer

I now tried to load the standard C172 with all systems turned off as a standard flight. Then I switched to the 737 and prepared everything from cold and dark.This time I didn't get that problem.But I only tried it one time, so I'm not sure what will happen next time