Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Engine failure during takeoff

Hi guyswell I am still getting the failure at v1,and as suggested before ,restart fs9 and you should be back up,hope this is a bug that can be fixed ! Did any beta testers see this problem? It happened to me on my 1st flight,maybe it is system specificcheers keithAMD Xp3000 1gig ddr400 abit nforce2 geforceti4600 256

Hi Keith,>Did any beta testers see this problem? Really, do you think you would see this problem if we got to it first? ;-) Nah, I can't recall any beta tester filing any report on sudden engine cut-outs. The beta team are still trying to reproduce this as we speak. And I'm sure the team is working on finding the reason, and subsequently a fix for this.Cheers,

Ok since everyone is trying to throw in some details, here is mine:It happened to me quite a few times. As I recall, once before rotate, once after take off (one engine only) and another time after touch down with reversers fully engaged. Unlike many other people here, it happens to me rather randomly instead of around V1 only. I don't think it has anything to do with crash setting. The only thing in common of the above occurrences is that the engines were at FULL power. And when they fail, they can't be restarted because the oil presure is low and stays low. Does it have to do with full power and N1 limit or some other things along that thinking?Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest mcd211255

Hi,For whats its worth I DONT suffer from any engine shutdowns or failures and I have been using the 800/900 with various textures and combinations of 2d cockpit and virtual. I do the following:1 Start with the default MSFS B737-400 at any airport.2 Once weather set to CLEAR and Activesky enabled I plan route.3 Set the PAX and ZFW with the load editor and ROSS's Fuel Loader.4 Select the NG 800 or 900 and switch off all switches to COLD and DARK.5 Run through the checklists switching items on and off as documented6 Get clearance, taxi and takeoff as per standard proceedures. No failures of any description unless user enabled.I do have the following:1 Athlon XP2600, 1gig 266mhz RAM, Creative Geforce Ti4200 64meg ram2 Forcefeed 2 with Dirks's FSForce software enabled.3 Peter Dowson FSUIPC v3.2.2 (latest version) which is registered and MAGICBATTERY is set to YES in the fsuipc.cfg (extended battery).Apart from a few tail strikes initially and running to the end of the runway until I got used to the increased weight of the 800/900's nothing has happened. I have flown the plane manually setting the V1, VR and have done some flights under the British Airways Virtual banner, logging all the flight for the PIREP and of course set up the FMC manually. I have used it with Radar Contact v3, BAV monitor program and Activesky WX1.92 all at the same time. The only hiccupp was that with RCv 3 it used ADVDisplay.dll (Pete Dowson)to display the menu. With multiline enabled the ADVdisplay screen constantly flickered but I had WXre activesky displaying the latest weather on ADV display rather than in the green box at the top of the screen. Unckecking multiline sorted the flicker on ADVdisplay.dll.I hope you can figure out what might be happening from my efforts.Thanks Mike DouglasBAV Captain

Guest Brainhertz

Hi all,I have been flying the -700 (easyJet) for the past month with no engine failures. Downloaded the 800/900 tonight but flew the -700 again - both engines failed just before V1 as previously described. As always started with the default cessna, switched engines & electrics off then loaded the -700 to do a cold start. Second flight again both engines failed before V1 then FS9 crashed to desktop. I restarted FS9 and loaded the -800 (Excel) from menu with engines running- this time all OK.I'm not sure if this on it's own is much help but maybe it could be a piece of the jigsaw?Hope someone can find a solution soon.Gordon Moore

i always start with the pmdg a/c i last flew (saved) and never had any problems with it??? why do people start with defaults????i honestly cant think why this would happen, seems to me that the default a/c dont enjoy being turned in to pmdg a/c... guess its jealousy or somthing!!!!good luck to you all and hope your airborne soon"Lairy" Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Interesting Bob, I DO NOT load the default aircraft first then load the NG, I simply leave the default FS flight as the default flight then create a new flight with the NG from the create a flight menu each and every time. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Hi Randy, notice a pattern starting to emerge. Those of us that use the NG as the default, no engine failures, those who start with the MS default and then swith, engine failures.Now Why would this happen HmmmmmmmBob

The only time i've had this happen to me was with these conditions:Alaska Airlines 900KSEA, all default except Chris Arrington's runway texturesFuel + Reserves to get to KPHXI've only had this happen one time, and after it does, the engines are impossible to start!

I've been suffering with engine failures too all models.Example. Charles de gaulle just after 80 knts both engines fail. This does not hapen every time but it is so annoying when it does.

Guest Darren Howie

G'dayDon't mean to spoil the average but.I load the default C172 to the airport and bay i will be flying from.Leave engines running etc and change to PMDG.No problems at all apart from failing landing lights occasionally on longer sectors.CheersDarren

Hello FrankDoesn't know if this helps you, but I have the same problem as many others have with engine failure at V1. I only reloaded the plane into FS9 and the second time I took off without prob. I have installed the new 800/900, but my enginefailure happend in the 600 for the first time just after installing the 800/900.Torben

Guest felgenputzer

@bobbyjoh>Hi Randy, notice a pattern starting to emerge. Those of us>that use the NG as the default, no engine failures, those who>start with the MS default and then swith, engine failures.>>Now Why would this happen Hmmmmmmm>>BobI don't think this is the heart of the problem. I used to startup with the PMDG as the default plane and had these engine failures at V1. Since I load the C172 with batteries turned off I didn't experience the failure again ..... but I'm expecting it every time I pass V1.