Sign in to follow this  
Guest karim5

WEATHER RADAR ON THE PMDG 747-400

Guest karim5

Hi,I just would like to know if a weather radar will be added on this product ?Thanks a lotKarim5

That would really be awesome :)

Guest venquessa

Yea, would be cool that.I have seen pretty nasty clouds reaching as high as 37,000ft as thunderheads and I always wonder what the criteria for avoid such things is.A WX radar would I'm sure give us a visual colour coded picture of whether to alter course or not.

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Well I've seen a freeware panel released with a fully functional TCAS and Wx radar in it. If this can be done with freeware, it can surely be done with a top class addon. I'm be surprised if it wasnt included to be honest...John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Jim,We mean a ND WX. Not one of yours which BTW. I also have and I think its a great WX display but it would be even greater if we had a WX in the ND itself with a Tilt + or -. :( :) :D

Guest Erups

>it would be even greater if>we had a WX in the ND itself with a Tilt + or -. :( :) :DYes and Grandma Duck cooking her apple cackes :D

Guest Lenny Zaman

it is possible, Reality XP did it...

Guest FattyBear

If it's not in the feature list, it probably won't happen. Something like that they would want to brag about.

I certainly hope it is included! Remeber that there are things not listed on the web page that we will see. Marc stated things are not 100% set. I KNOW I will be askin for it too ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

actually...you know what would be even better?if FS WX actully realistically impacted your flight enough that you would have to avoid it.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Try 55,000 feet for serious CB clouds -- in the equatorial region.I've seen 'em a lot (in real life) ....but never had to fly through them or over them, thankfully !Jonathan

Weather radar? would be nice :9But flying only online i suspect it would not be that useful at this time, there would be a need for a remake of the VATSIM (or any other network...) protocol integrating weather, so all pilots and ATCs had the same (hmmm wx overlays for controllers... ) then the WX radar would really be useful :DBTW: This would probably request a new FS WX Engine too.... :(Ciao, Luca

I really think FS's weather depiction needs to get a lot better before it would actually be practical for a sim pilot to use a weather radar - there's no penalty in the sim for flying through storms the way there is in real life - you're not going to get the wings ripped off in FS. [;)]

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good point Luca, but I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden