Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Colors sure give it more life :-)

That's wrong, they are all alike, Lauda did not order *special* coloring schemes! Visit a NG cockpit insted of relying on photos although a high quality camera will do. You claimed to be on the real bird Wolfgang?? Maybe you should have your eye sight checked for color blindness ;D (notice smilely face) If one developes a NG panel (you would suppose) one would know all about the product they are trying to represent, sure coloring is a minor item but to be dogmatic about a false concept is a sign of something else. While we are at it, the 737 MCP (at least the 600-700 one that I re worked) is the most realistic for it's type of MCP unit in flight simulator, the MA LIGHT is NOT GREEN, it's YELLOW. The MCP buttons (Lights) are not GREEN, they are also YELLOW. To be green one needs to have the other MCP unit now installed on all NGS from Boeing (http://www.b737.org.uk/glareshield.htm). What next? Someone will argue that there are GPS buttons on the MCP??? Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)

Hummmm see the purple from the GLARE on th display??? I think this proves beyond all doubt how lighting-angle affects the picture but nevertheless it is exactly like PMDG's display at it's default coloring...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/96295.jpgBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)

Wolfgang,In order to have any chance of prevailing in this argument you have to come up with a better evidence. Everyone who does photography for living would tell you that colors can only be represented correctly when shot in daylight or with so called "white" light source (camera's flash is an example of an artificial white light). Physics defines white light as having ceratin number of Kelvin's degrees. And we know how far from white cockpit lights are. So better provide a daylight shot or it is not even worth debating.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Ionizeyou

Seek some help Randy... You sound really angry. I didn't come here to argue points you've so deftly stated. You're right and I'm wrong. Now go and be a good human.

>Seek some help Randy... You sound really angry. I didn't>come here to argue points you've so deftly stated. You're>right and I'm wrong. Now go and be a good human.I agree. He went off on another topic about "sounds". I think YOU need to take the wife for a walk, huh Randy?

Eric 

Some people will argue about the silliest stuff. Surprised this isn't locked yet frankly. You guys are just going in circles.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

After following this thread for the last couple of days, I really must conclude that some poeple need more social life :-roll (mark the smiley!!!). :-)It's incredible how some people can argue around silly things, true.BTW. I was never suggesting that these colors are real world colors, merely a nice alternative.

Guys,Let's look at the bright side: This product seems to be so professional that the only issue there is to argue about in the forums is how the colors are matching with the real one.Not bad... Not bad at all... :)Cheers,

"Let's look at the bright side: This product seems to be so professional that the only issue there is to argue about in the forums is how the colors are matching with the real one.":-lol that's a good one!

Guest Ionizeyou

>Guys,>>Let's look at the bright side: This product seems to be so>professional that the only issue there is to argue about in>the forums is how the colors are matching with the real one.>>Not bad... Not bad at all... :)>>Cheers,Well Said! :-lol

To explain the blue/purple colour of the speed and altimeter tapes of the Lauda PFD in the shot below with exposure, shutter, lighting, film quality or other photographic issues is just redicolous.If this was the case, the white components of the pic would not appear as white as they do. There is hardly a blue or purple hue on the rose, the arcs and the white read outs. Also the other colours on the shot look pretty "normal", which proofs that the bnlue colour of the tape has nothing to do with the photograph or the lighting.And in addition I state once again, I was on Lauda 737Ngs (the last time in summer 2003, when the captain invited the kids and their parents on the flight to an inflight visit of the cockpit) and I wondered about those colour settings of the PFD.BTW, a couple of weeks ago I flew with a 737-300 of Deutsche BA and visited the cockpit after the flight. The rose and the arcs of the ND definitely had a strong pinkish hue. I wondered if this was a custom setting or if the CRT was about to die. The pilots were too busy to be asked.Wolfganghttp://photos.airliners.net/big/7/4/1/402147.jpg

I cannot believe people are arguing over the color of the instruments of the LCD screens. People just try to enjoy the sim and not fight over everything. Edit=spelling

We are (or at least - I am) not arguing about colours.I am only interested, if Boeing gives airlines the possibility to order a custom colour setting for its displays or even to alter the colour scheme by itself. And in case the mentioned airliners.net pics of the Lauda PFDs show the real colours (what I strongly believe) then this means, that airlines have the possibility to order their custom lolour settings for gauges - and this is interesting IMHO.Wolfgang

Guest wkzzo

Boeing does not give the option of custom colors for its flight displays, They are all delivered with the same settings.The Lauda's are the same as every other 737NG. Read my previous post.