Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

LAND3 at CYYZ

Gents - Some pics from my first autoland with the 744. Nice to see the flare and rollout mechanisms in action. Sorry about the night shots I hope you'll enjoy them never the less. :-)LAND3 on the FMA:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120780.jpgFLARE active and ROLLOUT armed:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120781.jpgSeconds before touchdown:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120782.jpgCheers,

Guest Knikolaes

Very very nice **smiles**Looking forward to tryign a cat III in her meself when she's released.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Nice tailwind landing

I knew someone would comment on that! :(I had a nice 10 knot crosswind at 3000 feet but shifted during final to an 8 knot tailwind. Still within limits though... ;-)Cheers,

Guest rogueman1585

looking very good. boy is this aircraft gonna be greatdavid

Guest Robin.B

Beautiful shots, thanks for showing them! I love the wing-flex as well :(PS: "SORRY" for the night shots? It makes them look 2x better :D

Guest hlm65

Hi Mats,nice shots and nice landing...but you did a cat III autoland with a 200 ft radio minimums setting...

Guest Boaz

Why are so many of you fixed on finding errors???YOu could end up being the reason for less screenshots!Mats... grrrrreat shots! Nice wing flex!Boaz...

Well said Boaz, I'm sure this a/c will be a great addition to the FS community!

Richard Åsberg

We offer screenshots to show progress, we certainly do not exclude faults in such an early beta process, no really we expect that there will be some shown. If anything we want everyone to know that we are working very hard at hammering out all the bugs, give us time and enjoy the show in the mean while...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest mao1968

An autoland does not mean you are doing a CATIII approach Autolands and coupled approaches are flown in VMC and IMC .The CAT I,II and IIIa,b,c ILS approaches are defined by the weather conditions at the airport . If you are doing an approach on visual meterological conditions as the nice shot was made you only use the radioaltimeter minimuns settings as a reference and each operator use it according to its operacion manual.

>An autoland does not mean you are doing a CATIII approach >Autolands and coupled approaches are flown in VMC and IMC .The>CAT I,II and IIIa,b,c ILS approaches are defined by the>weather conditions at the airport . If you are doing an>approach on visual meterological conditions as the nice shot>was made you only use the radioaltimeter minimuns settings as>a reference and each operator use it according to its>operacion manual.>>>>Hello ?Please take a minute and read the forum rules. They require you to include your real name with every post.That being said, you're splitting hairs as far as Cat approaches are concerned. IRL, you can't do a CatII or CatIII approach unless the ILS is approved for such use and when down to CatII, CatIII, there are restrictions placed on taxiway holding points for departing, arriving aircraft. Since this can't be simulated in FS, I'm just fine with how the original poster described their approach and landing.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

>That being said, you're splitting hairs as far as Cat>approaches are concerned. IRL, you can't do a CatII or CatIII>approach unless the ILS is approved for such use and when down>to CatII, CatIII, there are restrictions placed on taxiway>holding points for departing, arriving aircraft. Since this>can't be simulated in FS, I'm just fine with how the original>poster described their approach and landing.>>Cheers,>>John>>Boeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg**smiles** Very true -- that and in the sim -- just like in real life -- it can be practiced for skill as well. The US Air Force Academy as well as Peterson AFB (302nd Airlift Command) C-130's do it here at KPUB on a daily basis -- even Saturdays. The on ly time I do not see the skies above my head not filled with them doing all kinds of tricky stunts like that is Sundays.I talk with their pilots regularly as I ended up in touch with some of them making repaint requests when I was doing a series for the Alphasim C-130 (which sucks -- can't wait for Captain Sim to release theirs). Anyway they mentioned that they practice those levels of approaches all the time.Now what I REALLY love is when they practice almost hitting the runway, do a "go-around" into a "tight 360", practically buzzing the tower as they whip a circle and come back to touch RIGHT where they would have touched before if they had completed the landing the first time. The first time I saw that I was out there at the airport and about had a heart attack when I saw how close their wings came to the tower **laughs**:-)<> To correct my bloody spelling. ARRRR!