Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

RC4

I've just purchased Radar Contact after reading the glowing review on Avsim, there's nothing like an avsim review to bolster confidence I say. :-)So, for those who have it already, is it as good as reported?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sorry Ryan, I was after a PMDG owner-specific perspective, hence posting it here. If the app doesn't work with the 744 I'd want to know in what way and what workarounds exist.Happy for you to lock it down if you want though. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I just bought and installed RC4, flown one with pmdg 747 and also few other flights with other aircraft including Level-D 767. So far I like it alot, it seems like it is as good as the review says. And so far no problems with other addons, except just changing some key mappings.

Rúni B. Larsen.

Ok as long as we're talking about it as it relates to flying PMDG... ;)I don't think there's anything short of online ATC that's better, certainly not with the degree of coverage RC4 has.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>I just bought and installed RC4, flown one with pmdg 747 and>also few other flights with other aircraft including Level-D>767. So far I like it alot, it seems like it is as good as the>review says. And so far no problems with other addons, except>just changing some key mappings.I also just bought RC4 to use with the PMDG 737NG and Beech 1900C. So far, no problems at all and no obvious hit on frame rates. Peter Boswell

Guest wisborg

I've been using Radar Contact since new year and mainly with the PMDG B747-400, since it's the only real IFR plane I own. I have absolutely nothing to complain about with respect to how well the two things work together. Of course the copilot feature of RC only works for the radios, but that is also an extremely nice feature for a plane with a fairly high work load.I give the coms to the copilot when I start taxiing and he'll take care of the communication, so I can focus on the take off - and the same upon approach: no need to fiddle with answers to the ATC while being on short final :-)/ Jesper

Guest gremel

My understanding is that RC4 is keyboard interactive ATC. If so, has anybody on this forum used the VOXATC with PMDG which is "Voice Actuated" interactive using AT&T....I think....voice recognition software to interact with ATC?noullet

Guest fcrash

the problem with radar contact is the ground ATC , when you land he says only "Taxi to the ramp" hehehe or if you specify a gate "Taxi to gate L27" and when you get to the gate sometimes you will se another aircraft parked on your gate hehehehe. And for thoose who have Ultimate Traffic or My Traffic intalled there are pretty good chances that you crash with a AI traffic on the taxi way. And if you have too much AI traffic installed you will start to notice huge lines for taking off , and a lot of go-arounds.I'm not trying to discourage you guys , just giving my point of view wich you will experience when you by the RC4Fernando

I use freeware AI Smooth V1.12 to manage AI landing density. This reduces take-off queues which is a matter of FS, not RC4.RC4 when you are on final will attempt to freeze AI from doing runway incursions.I use FS Configurator to increase AI taxi speed a bit so they exit the runway faster.AI crashing into you on the ground is a matter of FS limits, not RC4. My experience is that taxiing AI will wait for me.RC4 will move AI out of your way in most cases in the air in any flight stage.In RC4 options, you must have Interact With AI checked.What you say about gate assignment is true. If I consistently go to the same parking areas I might with AFCAD reserve a parking space by making the gate radius very small keeping AI out of it.

sorry to ask this, but, where can one buy RC4? is it only by download? and if so, does it also come with the manual when downloading?thanksJames

Guest dave67
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg]http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg]"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"James,You need to goto www.jdtllc.com and order it from there,it comes in CD version only, a manual is included on the disc and is also available from the website.Hope this helps,Dave

thanks dave! i'll check it out.i like your quote. too. next time, i'll try to strap myself to the darn things in case of emergencyjames

I suggest you download their manual and read while the CD is in the mail. Its a pretty big manual.Just yesterday or so..they have a patch on their site. so, after the CD install, you may have to apply the patch as well.The patch gives you an option of how fast the controllers should speak and they also improved on the voice comm a bit. Folks complained, that the sound was not stringed together properly.,.. it was too discreet with long pauses between words. So they fixed that.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest gremel

This is a repeat as in 'say again'...."My understanding is that RC4 is keyboard interactive ATC. If so, has anybody on this forum used the VOXATC with PMDG which is "Voice Actuated" interactive using AT&T....I think....voice recognition software to interact with ATC?"Anybody care to respond to the above...if that is they can!!Regards,noullet