Sign in to follow this  
Guest Will Nogueira

EAR OF NUN

Guest Will Nogueira

The question is of all

What truth? What are you talking about?

i think he is saying. how long will it take to fly the MD-11, and is it true the problem is in the panel?just guessing...i love the subject heading though:EAR of NUN;eye of newt;nose of pig....tomas

LOL...online translators, gotta love 'em

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I'll have a go at answering... :-)Either: You want a release date - The MD-11 Release date is not yet known. There aren't any problems that we are aware of but then as customers it's not really our concern either.Or: You want to know how hard it is to transition from the Boeings to the MD-11 - well they're different, and yes the panel is the biggest difference, the handling characteristics are obviously "big ol' jet airliner" (to borrow the lyric), much like the 747 but the autoflight and instrumentation is quite different.I'll leave it to Sam to tell us a bit about the main differences between the two, as he knows his stuff on the MD-11.Hope I've understood?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Bernhard

If You want to know how the MD-11 flies I can tell You a little bit about it.1) it is fast and very responsive, sorry to say but it is not "big ol' airliner".e.g. Dubai take-off 40degree C a 747 200 made 500ft/min(no breathing in the cockpit until clear of the skyline from Dubai beach)on T/O while on the MD-last week we had a whopping 3000'min. So be prepared for some Learjet type flying (at least almost!) ;-)2) correct is that the autoflight is different but not too difficult actually I like it a lot..... once you get used to it. There are so many errors a pilot can make until the system comes out logical and I admit I have made all of them. Thats why we had very intensive training during the conversion.3) the MD-11 has a elevator trim system called LSAS (speak elsas) this is a pitch trim system which starts maintaining the present pitch attitude if You are not pushing/pulling the yoke harder than 1 pound (I think)of pressure ..... works nice once You know how it is supposed to work. So to sum it up the 11 is nice once You let it fly and stop overcontrolling it. I had to change some habits coming from the good old 747-200.I hope the information is useful to You and I am as excited as You and waiting for PMDG MD-11Bernhard List

My hovercraft is full of eels.Best,Matt SmithApologies to all for clogging the thread. But someone had to say it.

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Sure reminds me of Ferd, hilarious.Here it is.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2741&page=Greetings Eric from Eham

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.