Sign in to follow this  
CPA156

Editing PMDG SIDs/STARs in Wordpad

Hey everyoneI have been working on a SID/STAR file for the RNAV SIDS/STARS at Singapore Changi. I keep getting an error message from line 594. I was wondering if there is a way to skip straight to a line without counting (its a bit too time consuming when the line is 594).Thanks for the Help

Do a google search for win32pad. A great text editor with line and column numbers.

Dave Paige

I did as Dave suggested, not the same text editor but it doesn't matter; they are all better than default Microsoft. However, a short cut that I still use occasionally is to extract only the fixes and procedure that I am working on into a separate file (backup the original) with the ICAO.txt name. PMDG loads it, and if there is a problem it is much easier to isolate and work around. Plus, selecting arrivals or departures is easier because the FMC menu only has what is included in the separate file. Once everything works, and flight tested, merge it back into the original and move on to the next piece. A good text editor will allow you to have multiple files open on tabs, which makes this approach even easier.

Dan Downs KCRP