Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

MD-11ER?

Just thought about this, and I don't remember seeing it asked anywhere. Are we getting a MD-11 extended range version on top of the regular MD-11 versions? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply Ryan. Not really a big deal as there isn't that much difference, though that extra range would be nice. ;)

I echo Mike's oppinion here. I too, would love to see the MD-11 in the extended range, as I'm not a great fan of the heavy tin like the 747/340s. I would like to see if the production team would reconsider. What's a another few monthes ;)Cheers,Jim

Wow, completely forgot I made this post. That sure was a shock.:D

>>Are we getting a MD-11 extended range version on top of the regular MD-11 versions?<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Note the date of my post Jeff. ;)

ooo, I see.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest SAS449

Completely unrelated:In 1980 Johnny Logan, Ireland, won the Eurovision Song Contest with the tune "What

Mike et all:The reason I replied to this and got it going again, is that I'm fairly new to the sim world, and love flying 'older' planes. Currently, I'm flying the 707 and an old version of a C130. I just figured a MD-11 would fit into my fleet nicely.>"What

Hi guys,regarding the original question... It is not really decided yet which version you'll get. Might be ER, might be Standard, might be both... I'm not even sure on which the freighter is based on, could be ER anyway... The thing is we haven't yet had a thought about that tiny little detail...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Not really that tiny detail. Doing the ER involves fitting one or two additional auxiliary fuel tanks. This affects fuel system operation, fuel synoptics display and overhead panel controls. Not such a big deal, but adds some additional development time.So we will decide when all other more urgent things are done first.Michael

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest A32X

Have you decided which platform the MD-11 will run on ?Thanks!

Michael,you are right of course, from a programming view it is not a tiny detail.Must be hundreds of new lines of code just for some more range...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard