Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

The PMDG MD11 - Virtual Cockpit Preview

Guest D17S

Started practicing FMC programing with a real one at work, so I'll be ready to go. If anyone's gonna try playing with a real one, watch out. Make sure you "safe" the fuel system. If you set the CG too far forward (while you're messing 'round with the FMC), the weight and balance system will automatically fire up the fuel transfer system and transfer fuel to the stab tank. That can turn into a Big Ooops. So set fuel system to manual, then manually shut off all boost pumps . . . then keep the fuel status page up, just for a quick glance once in a while. I'm assuming you're modeling the capability of a real airplane to set itself on its tail . . . "automatically" That, I'd rather NoT practice! The AFS is leaps beyond the 744's. It makes significantly more sense than Boeing's AFS. But they went totally crazy with the system's automation (ahh, IMhO). Modeling those reversion modes has gotta be a herculean project. I don't think many appreciate how outrageous these system interfaces really are. There's simply else nothing like it. Ya'll just take the time you need. We'll be fine. Got a lot of pre-doodled (errr, pre-flown) real world flight plans from all over the world stashed away to check out some routes once we get rolling. Did ya notice the laptops with DX10 VCards just are hitting the market? . . . and the FSX multi-core patch coming (soon!) too? We'll be ready.

Whoops, didn't notice this thread was that old!Thanks for uploading them Vin,Wow, absolutely fantastic looking VC shots, love the realistic look. I'm looking to get TrackIR 4 around Q3 this year, combining TrackIR with virtual cockpits like this will just be awesome.Can't wait for its release (and I'm sure neither can you!) Thanks again :)Jeremy

Guest A32X

Indeed great shots! Although I think these are over 10 months old now ? Anychance of some more? :(

Darn, you asked for more pictures, now they're gonna have to lock and delete this thread as per the rules. :-lol

Guest StefD

Now come on guys, is that supposed to be a joke or something like that? :( You just come up with those one year old screenie? You're not being serious, right? I cant believe that, I prefer to think it was a joke.Sigh, could be that the MD11 project whcih was the first of PMDG will most lileky be its last.Stephan (Tromso, Norway)

Thanks for posting the shots again Vin, It's whetted my appetite. I'm sure getting hungry for it though?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest StefD

Hehe, Vin :-)Sorry but what you're saying isnt's not quite true. You posted on may 12nd:'Ok folks, I've restored the images. Enjoy!'Which means exactly you've restored indeed old screenies, however it is exactly the same as if you had posted one year old screenie. No problem for me having the joke on me, but you shall admit you've made a quite loosy post by restoring those old screenies. Dont take your customers for more silly than they are ;-) Best,Stephan

>Hehe, Vin :-)>>Sorry but what you're saying isnt's not quite true. You posted>on may 12nd:>>'Ok folks, I've restored the images. Enjoy!'>>Which means exactly you've restored indeed old screenies,>however it is exactly the same as if you had posted one year>old screenie. >>No problem for me having the joke on me, but you shall admit>you've made a quite loosy post by restoring those old>screenies. Dont take your customers for more silly than they>are ;-) >>Best,>>StephanSomeone asked if he could rehost the images because they didn't work anymore and many of us havent seen them so he did, no where did he say or imply they were new shots.Jay

>No problem for me having the joke on me, but you shall admit>you've made a quite loosy postIf there is anybody here who should admit making "loosy" posts it is you.Michael J.

Stephan,I am with you. It is no way to treat customers. It is appallingly insensitive . I suspect that the MD11 customer base has just shrunk a little more once again.Gerry

>Stephan,>>I am with you. It is no way to treat customers.So when a customer ask you to do something, you shouldn't do it? A customer asked for them to restore the images and that's exactly what Vin did. What else do you want him to do?If that's not a way to treat customers, business in your part of the world must be VERY different then what it is where I live.

> How unexpected - it's Mike again>If that's not a way to treat customers, business in your part>of the world must be VERY different then what it is where I>live.I think that goes without saying.Gerry

Hey guys at least look at the possitive here: SP1 for FSX has been released so that means payware developers can move forward with all their products. I think that means that the MD-11 will be released here in a few months or less (my opinion) and I can't wait :)PMDG has always made the greatest planes and I have no doubt that our eternal wait for the MD-11 will be well worth it.AaronEnjoying the spring in Connecticut...no new planes to fly!

>Hey guys at least look at the possitive here:>> SP1 for FSX has been released so that means payware>developers can move forward with all their products. >>I think that means that the MD-11 will be released here in a>few months or less (my opinion) and I can't wait :)>>PMDG has always made the greatest planes and I have no doubt>that our eternal wait for the MD-11 will be well worth it.>>AaronI think that you should know that the MD-11 is for FS9 only.

Dave Taylor gb.png