Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

MD-11 User Requests

Guest A32X

Hi,Would be interested to know what other simmers would like to see in the MD-11? Personally I'd like to see;1) Display frame rate tuning for individual CRTs.2) A change to HDG select logic, it's very jumpy with the 747-Paul

Guest A32X

3) Nosewheel steering

Guest Loiosh

WxRAD... ok, kidding. I'd like to see smoother motion for the throttles.

>3) Nosewheel steeringWhy would they not include this? We already have it with the 747.

Point 1) I agree with, this is a valuable feature to include. At the very least the ability to independently 'fine tune' the F/O's side and the Capt's side would be great, as I'm not often looking at those displays.Number 2) however, I have not seen any issues, not to say they don't exist but to my mind I've not encountered any abnormality.My own feature requests?Well to be honest I doubt PMDG will release to market with any relevant features missing, so I guess what I would vote for (in a general theme) is basic inbuilt F/O, F/A, and ground crew interaction, similar to the 763's but possibly also capable of doing some of the flows at busy times. For example, wouldn't it be nice to have the ground crew establish communications just prior to pushback, and the cabin crew to report secure just before takeoff and in the descent?And what if the F/O could do the runway entry procedures? (Ever tried to switch on the landing lights, strobes and transponder while simultaneously lining up on the runway? Tricky ain't it?!)What about automatic gear retraction after takeoff? That'd be handy.The one area where I felt Level-D really broke new ground was the basic inbuilt assistance. Sadly few other developers have picked up on this as a feature.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello,I would love to see, if the MCP (Mode Control Panel....I don't know if it's called MCP in the MD-Birds as well) could be opened as a own sub-panel (like it works in the Level-D 767).I bought the Track IR head tracking hardware and try to fly as much as possible from the virtual cockpit. But when you fly online and the ATC gives you some vectors, it's a bit tricky to change the settings of the MCP in the VC. If the MCP would be a own, poppable 2D subpanel, it could be moved to a second monitor for example. I think the VC-Junkeys (if there are some) know what I'm talking about.A 2D panel is just easier to deal with, when it comes to hitting some buttons with the mouse, but it makes much more fun to fly from the virtual cockpit with the important 2D panels moved to a second monitor.Kind regardsMartin

Guest A32X

Indeed, the aircraft which PMDG are modelling are not single crew airplanes. A joystick button to "activate" the F/O would be handy i.e. "gear up" calls checklists etc....PaulP.S. If I select HDG Select on the MCP then rotate the knob in the 747 VC the aircraft movement is very jerky.

Guest Loiosh

I rather like FS2Crew's take on this.

I agree - I've always said re the 744 and 767, each has aspects I miss on the other. The 767 copilot is very welcome, especially on complex birds like these, not to mention the other crew interactions. On balance the 744 vc is superior in user-friendliness and functionality, and I like PMDG's novel use of the right-click.Best sims on the planet - hands down :) Can't wait for their new projects.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

I want a good sound file...A good smoke effects if its a smoky plane.A wing flex using whats available in FSX.In addition to all the other goodies PMDG provides without request like a good flight model and systems etc.;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you fly FSX shared skies multiplayer, get your 'real' first officer carry out the odd job :-lol

Alaister Kay

I hate to be the crabby one here, but it's a little late to be asking for MD-11 stuff, at least it better be. If this bird isn't out for FS9 I'm gonna be real disappointed. I don't plan on upgrading for FSX until several months after it's release, and the MD-11 was the plane I was really hoping for.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest D17S

Hook-up to AS6 for inflight WX download/update.Model auto fuel transfer for CG adjustment on the ground, then make it possible to dump it on the tail if stab fuel takes CG too far aft. (Better this lesson learned in the sim than in RL!)Make Alteon / Long Beach smile when they see the finshed product.

>it's a little late to be asking for MD-11 stuff...Actually, it's not. All suggestions noted.The FCP (Flight Control Panel) is a separate window, and can be moved.Bill

In that case... :(As said above, being able to obtain METARS somehow, that would be really handy

Alaister Kay