Sign in to follow this  
MSW

How Do You Fly Direct To On FMC?

I was on VATSIM with the PMDG 737-700 and was instructed to fly direct to a waypoint rather than proceed with the flight plan as filed. Suddenly I realized I have never done that before nor could I figure out how to do it with the FMC. I disconnected from the session rather than continue.So how do you fly direct to a waypoint using the FMC? Please help. Thanks!Mike

Mike,If the point you are directed to is in your flightplan it is easy. Go to the legs page and find the waypoint click on it to put it on the scratch pad then upselect it to the top of the list, ie, it becomes the next way point. All the points between will be cancled. Hope this helps.Justin

Justin Paull

Also note upselecting to the top of the list will make you go there direct imediately, if for some reason you want to make a shortcut later in your flight you can just upselect it over other waypoints too (to cut out some of your flight plan and fly direct).Jay.

Read the section of the manual on using the LEGS page - that's where you do route modifications like this...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Also if you are being vectored and using HDG but then need to go from your present position to the one at the top of legs page 1, just LSKL1 the waypoint at the top of the list and then LSK1l that again ("double puch") followed by an EXE to activate the change. LNAV will then change your route to take you there directly.

Another method that may be faster is turn the HDG knob so that it centers over the directed waypoint if it appears on the ND, hit the HDG Select button and the FMC will be disconnected and the plane will turn to the waypoint. Then you can follow the previous instructions, hit 'EXECUTE' then LNAV and the FMC takes over again.For practice, get Timothy Metzinger's Tutorial #2. It's a great learning aid.Jim

Guest n9zn

>For practice, get Timothy Metzinger's Tutorial #2. It's a>great learning aid.I believe you! But... where is the tutorial located? I can search but if you have a link it would be greatly appreciated.I am always looking for items that can add zest to an already beefy bird.ThanksMonty - Tampa Florida

Right now I can't remember where I found it, but give me an email and I'll try to send you the file (zipped). Jim