Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

B747-400X and Vista - Your Opinions/Experience/Problems

I have a C2D 6700/2GB ram not overclocked and a 8800GTX. Went for a fligt last night YSSL to YMML. I have everything set to max and water a 2x.low and frame locked at 26fps. With all other planes in 2D I get 26 easily except on the ground in densly populated areas where it dropes to about 16-18fps. In VC mode it drops about another 5fps for eveything. I noticed that the same was exactly true for the 747X.However on landing at YMML and taxiing in Fsx crashed with OOM error (yes I do have the generic MS fix that was put out some time ago now). I have seen this before on another plane when certain conditions happen. I did have rather a lot of things running in the background that need not have been so am going to do some tweaking but I reserve judgement so far. Want to use the boost DX10 is suppose to give so don't really want to go back to XP.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Mine is an AMD 3800 Dual Core with a Geforce 7600GT and 2 gig ram, works perfectly in Vista 32 bit with no OOM at all. I have unlimited FPS working best for me on FSX, left the 747 on its own default 15FPS and its smooth, will play with that later. It seems to be on a par with the Level D 767-300ER FPS wise here.Reider

Guest chriswhiteuk

I am running Vista 64 OS. I have been running 747X pretty much non-stop since release. I don't have, so far, any issues. I am not a tech based guy like you fellas, but I have a 500gb 4g system which only has FSX and FS9.1 on it. Nothing else. it runs a 2 quad processor Q6600, I have a GE8600 3g something as well. no idea what any of that means...but if it helps someone.If I have no problems, therefore I must be doing something wrong??

When I turned off Megascenery SoCal for FSX , my flight lasted much longer without a CTD "out of memory" using Vista. Also my landinggear doesn't go down when I press "g". Only worked in 2d mode when I used the mouse to manually move the gear lever to off. When landing , it didn't work anymore. So I can't extend the gear. (So far tried to belly land on the runway without causing enough damage to crash haha).Anyone seen problems with gears too?FrankC

Guest Collezio

I did not quite understand: 747-400X is ok for Vista or not?My PC:Intel Core 2 Q6700 - ASUS P5E3 Del. Wi-fi DDR3 X38 1333 - RAM 2GB DDR3 1333(10600) - Asus Nvidia 8800GTS 640M PCI EE X16 - Vista Home Premium.Thanks

Hi,I am using Vitsa 32 with the 747x, and i must say that so far i am one of the lucky ones in that i have had no problems at all since instalation. I am getting good frames with even an additional spot view window opened while i am in the Virtual cockpit. As far as i know everything worked as it should and i am getting the same kind of performance as i do with the Level D 767. The 747x seems very stable to me at this point in time.I went on a test flight from Sydney Australia to Brisbane. Duration about 1hr 20 mins. I have installed my traffic X which generated alot of traffic in and around both airports. Additionaly i have FS Global 2008 and Zinnertek night enviroment and day enviroments installed on my machine. with all these add ons, i felt that their was no negative impact when using the 747X. I beleive anyone can get good perfomance on vista. I think one of the most important issues that alot of us tend overlook is using a good defragger. I use perfect disk 8 and defrag often, i am a true beleiver that this helps my pc stay in top shape and gives that extra boost that i need for such complex games such as FSX and 747X.For your infomration my pc specs are follows:Intel duo core 6800 extreme, 8800 gtx 756mb, audigy sound blaster, 320gb basic hard drive, asus mobo, 2GB corsair matched ram, Track IR pro, CH yoke, 23inch dell monitor running at 1680x1050.But anyway, if yur holding back just because of vista, i dont think you have too much to worry about. Neverthelss, if your using Vitsa or XP and dont have a good defrag program....get one!... probably the best 30 bucks youll ever spend onyour pc.Cheers,Nicholas Boskovic.PS, Now i have to learn how to fly this baby as well as i do the LD767. looking forward to some good and basic tutorials.

Hi everyone !I just bought a brand new computer especially for FSX, and of course it had Vista pre installed...I had waited so long for this 747 X that I couldn't wait any longer and bought it yesterday evening !My conf is : Vista 32bit family premium, Q6600, GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb,4Gb RAM and everything is working fine so far (I didn't have enough time to make a complete flight yet). But of course this 747 is very demanding and my fps are a bit lower than with a standard aircraft.I'm eager to get the new SP2...Hope this post will help those hesitating to make a decsion ! Because PMDG 747 is still the best sim I've ever seen !CharlesPS : CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM !!!!! AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK!!

Guest szaszgabor

Hello!I have many problems with Vista.- if i'm modificating some setting in PMDG menu, the value isn't changing after "OK"- if i use "Autobrake", isn't apply after touch-down- Cold and dark settings isn't working, because, the engines are still running (if i shut down the engines, i couldn't restart it)These problems are same, what i can see in Level-D 767-300ERX. That games run well on FSX (Win XP).Could you tell something to me about that problems?Thanks and regards,Gabor

Guest szaszgabor

Hello!I've read that you have a wonderful flight with new 747-400X.Yes, i bought too that great game. But. I have many problems with Vista.- if i'm modificating some setting in PMDG menu, the value isn't changing after "OK"- if i use "Autobrake", isn't apply after touch-down- Cold and dark settings isn't working, because, the engines are still running (if i shut down the engines, i couldn't restart it)These problems are same, what i can see in Level-D 767-300ERX. That games run well on FSX (Win XP).Could you tell something to me about that problems?Thanks and regards,Gaborp.s.: my PC: 6000+ AThlon 64, 8800GTS 320Mb, 2 GB RAM....

Well, I'm afraid I won't be very helpful...For me, I did not have all these issues.I don't know where you come from, but maybe you have a "localised" version of FSX.I remember having some problems earlier with fs9 just because I had the french version (it was with PSS777, the cold and dark settings didn't work, just like you, and I learned it was the reason).Maybe it's the same.Aprt from this, I really don't have any clue.Anyway, good luck !Charles MOULIN

Guest szaszgabor

Thanks for your answer.My FSX is an standard english version program. BTW, i'm an hungarian. :)My Vista is a Hungarian version op. system.Any idea?

No, sorry, this is far beyond my knowledge !Perhaps someone at PMDG would be able to help you.Good luck with this!Charles

Hi,Vista 64 here.The Queen is flying smoothly, no problem at all after few nice hours.She looks so beautiful in FSX skies.As a real pilot I feel a serious improvement in the flight dynamics compared to the FS9 version.It's an absolute masteriece.Congratulations to PMDG.Respectfully,D.RochYou can see some screens with bloom effect ON showing FPS here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1362&page=

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi guys, I am new to PMDG and its forums.I just got the 747X earlier today and I have to say it is magnificent. I haven't had too much time to tinker with it, but it seems to be a beauty. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit on my machine and I have not had any problems with this aircraft at all. My specs are: Asus C90S laptop with 15.4 inch screen at max resolution with DX9 in FSX with acceleration expansion. I've got a NVidia 8600M GT 512 mb DDR2 video card(slightly overclocked 500/500), an E6700 core 2 conroe processor @ 2.66ghz, 7200 rpm hard drive, and 3 GB ram. I have been getting around 16-20 fps on the ground at major airports and 25 fps in the air (both locked at 25) on an online server. I would say the performance is comparable to the coolsky super 80, but not quite as good as the level-d 767. Overall, my settings are at least medium-high, if not high. It is easily flyable on my system. No complaints about frame rates here.I want to thank the PMDG design team and testers for making such an incredible aircraft. Well done!!!William

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png