Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X: KMCO 35L AUTOLAND = Dead!

Guest Scousefox9

Flew into KMCO (Orlando) last night from EGCC (Manchester). It was a great flight, might have hit an air current with 95KT approaching Canada but it was fun. Eventually I'm on approach for 35L at KMCO (not being a regular It was that or 36L/35R/36R, random choice), I notice that there's no PAPI and GPWS calles Minimums at some rediculously low altitude. The plane continues and plows into the runway before it even flares.I tried landing on 35R and it was fine!What on Earth is that about? Is the runway disused or something?

KMCO ILS35L is a CATIII approach RW. I wonder if the FSX airport is dissed... others have been having problems at other locations with ILS's as well. I haven't ran into one yet to dig into it myself.Keep us posted if you figure it out.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've being trying out the queen at KORD, just doing a couple of short flights in and out, mainly using 32L/R and the autoland is a bit rough to say the least lol I was just given a glideslope warning around 200ft then a heavy landing with very little flare.

Alaister Kay

Guest Scousefox9

Maybe something else to go in the next patch?

I've made autolandings at KSFO and KONT without incident. I imagine if it were a consistent problem the topic would be flaming.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Scousefox9

No conclusion on KMCO 35L though?

I honestly haven't tried it... if I were trying to figure it out I'd switch to slew mode with the aircraft on the numbers and verify the LOC indicator is centered, then slew up and back towards the FAF and see if it resembles the published approach. This would verify the FSX navaid data, one of several ways. This could be done in a default aircraft just to keep things simple (like selecting freq).Edit: I was surprised last night that KCVG in FSX still has the old runway configuration (two N-S instead of three)! The KMCO runway configuration changed a couple of years ago,... I assume FSX has current runway configuration.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents,I have read posts in this thread and others and I am really puzzled as to why autoland problems might occur on some airports for some users. It is evident that the system remains the same whether landing at Athens or LAX or ORD as Dan noted above.I should note that when APP is engaged, LOC/GS signal and all related information is obtained directly for FSX and NOT any airac cycle. This is important since the real courses, runway elevations etc are different in navdata from FSX. Ergo for those cases where autoland problems occur the info provided by FSX is wrong ! I do know that one of our beta testers found that info related to Vancouver is wrong. Apprently this is not the only airport around.Gents please do not compare this autoland system with other simpler add ons. It relies heavily on a considerable number of data (obtained from FSX directly) apart from LOC deflection for accurate operation. Hence, autoland performance will either be perfect or very bad. There is no in between.Best,VangelisPS. I read somewhere about cross winds and such. The modelled system only uses track as argument. 1 or 10 or 100 knots x-wind is completely and utterly immaterial. The only thing that will be affected is the amount of automatic slip correction during the approach and touchdown not loc tracking.===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest Scousefox9

Thanks for your help, my problem is to do with the elevation of the runway as the autoland system seems to think it is higher than the runway than it actually is, therefore it is approaching flaring point when it should in fact be fully flared and touching down. The result is the aircraft crashes into the runway.Is it possible to edit the data inside FSX to correct this issue or will it create more problems?

Guest Scousefox9

Different people seems to be experiencing different problems in different places... very strange.

That's what I've observed too. I'd like to help but no one has given enough information to see a pattern or get a hint of what's happening to them.

Dan Downs KCRP

Liam,I wonder whether altimeter/QNH has an impact. Out of curiosity try pressing B (again...) at about 1000' above runway. Any better ?Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest Scousefox9

Tried pressing 'b' at about 300-200ft above runway same effect...

Did you try it with one of the FSX default aircraft or another FSX addon aircraft (granted, there aren't many good ones).Art Stuart