Sign in to follow this  
rquick

PMDG MD-11 for FSX is now in BETA...

No to mention the fact that craziness like Quad SLI/Crossfire has absolutely no effect in FS outside of being able to run super high resolutions (as in three 30" screens or something) and AA levels...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do me a favor and list what should go into the ultimate FSX machine that could be currently built.I'm thinking of upgrading sometime in the future and right now I have a Intel Core 2 Quad with an nVidia 8800GTS and 4Gigs of RAM.Bob

Blame ACES then. Numerous polls show more FS9 users to this day than people using FSX. Sorry, thats the way it will be until FS11 comes out. Better get used to it.

Eric 

Guest Knikolaes

>No to mention the fact that craziness like Quad SLI/Crossfire>has absolutely no effect in FS outside of being able to run>super high resolutions (as in three 30" screens or something)>and AA levels...I would concur with this -- and add that it does do me wonders when running high res photo scenery such as Generation X by Horizon. The rendering on higher end crossfire/sli setups seems to be a bit smoother and quicker on the load times.Other than that, quad crossfire is outstanding for other activities (Crysis, Flight Simming with insane amounts of graphic-based add-ons, Mass Effect, Flight Simming with insane amounts of graphic-based add-ons, Guild Wars, UT3, H3, Flight Simming with insane amounts of graphic-based add-ons, F.E.A.R., etc.):-)

>Do me a favor and list what should go into the ultimate FSX>machine that could be currently built.>I'm thinking of upgrading sometime in the future and right now>I have a Intel Core 2 Quad with an nVidia 8800GTS and 4Gigs of>RAM.>>BobEeek, going off topic a bit, but Quad Core and decent RAM are the essential ingredients imho. Just gone from a Core2 Duo X6800 to a QX9650 and even with the same kit in the rest of the machine the difference in performance in FSX is marked.

Guest Mower

>Blame ACES then. Numerous polls show more FS9 users to this>day than people using FSX. Sorry, thats the way it will be>until FS11 comes out. Better get used to it.FS9 has better FPS but is an inferior product to FSX. The infamous pop-up tiles in FS9 are reason to move to FSX. That's the way it is.