Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06SEP08 PMDG MD-11 Progress Update

Ryan-The printed manuals are not platform dependent. They are designed so that you can use them equally well with either the FS9 MD-11 or the FSX MD-11.Each of the FS9 and FSX simulations will come with a unique PDF based introduction that takes you through the options menus and process unique to the FS9 or FSX version respectively.The PDF flight manuals and their printed counterparts will be identical between the two platforms.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Andy-The FS9 version will follow as CLOSELY as possible. How close? Hard to say. We do not expect it to be a long period (say, 6 months or so) but we still have some mountains to climb vis-a-vis FS9...I'll have more information on the FS9 version during the coming weeks.

Eric, et al-Here is a rough timeline that we expect:- Printed Manuals (And downloadable manuals if we can get clearance) will be available a few weeks prior to the simulation release for FSX.- Liveries for FSX: Same.- FSX MD-11.- Liveries for FS9 a few weeks prior to FS9 version release.- FS9 version.This is our current expectation, as always- subject to change...

Dear PMDGI so much look forward to MD-11. And it has been a long travel. But I has been at huge task and you are still creating fantastic aircrafts.I am impressed by your handling of the community of us fans. You haven't sulked in the difficult times and closed down the forum and only made e-mail approach available.So you win in many fields.I salute you guys.Jens Michlas DenmarkSpecs.:Vista Ultimate 32-bitGraphics Card: ATI HD2900 XT Overdrive Autoadjust, Quad core Q 9450, Easytune 6 Turbo selected Gigabyte motherboard GA-P35T-DQ6 (rev. 1.0), 4 gigs of ram.I have: FSX acceleration, SDK installed all the way from FSX through sp1 sdk to this one. And selected the configSDK for making sure SDK is installed.ATX and X graphics, My traffic, X pax, TrackIR, Trible Head2go, Radar Contact 4, Hotas Cougar, FsBuild and Mytraffic.Then all the good planes from PMDG: 747, Captain Sim: 757,727. Wilco: Airbus series I, II & 380, Legacy, 737, 777. CLS: DC-10, A340, Level-D: 767FS2Crew: Pmdg747, Wilco Airbus, Level-D 767, FSUIPC: RegisteredScenery: Cloud9: Xcity Rome, Orlando, Xclas AA. FsDream scenery: Zurich, O'Hara.Ground Environment: USA-Canada. FranceVFR: Paris. ImagineSim: Cincinatti, La Guardia. ORBX: Australia Blue and Gold. FSglobal 2008, UK2000: Edinburgh, Gatwick, Stansted, Glasgow. Aero-Files: Vagar Extreme. Aerosoft: MegaAirport Brussels, Mega Airport FrankfurtSceneryTech: Europe Landclass, Asia Landclass. CR-software: German Landmarks FSX V2.1Sound: TSS, SynchroSoft. AC-TrafficSounds

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Guest Will Nogueira

>Captains->>I thought you all might like an update on progress with the>MD-11 in beta testing:Friends. I want to know when will be launched by BETA 05 for tests. Will:. Brazil

Guest lingfors

Does this mean you will start on the FSX 737NG soon? Daddy needs a high quality 737 for FSX...

That's cool I am not to worried about the release it will be here when its here.I was just curious if they were planing to release the together or close together thanks for the info.I have another question someone mentioned came up with last night, Will the FMS/CDU be model with route off-set capabilities.Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest Ryan Briggs

Thanks for the reply robert, not quite my question. what I was wondering is will there be a discount package of some sort that includesMD-11 for FSXMD-11 for FS9MD-11 Manual set. Those three items together i would imagine 250 bucks together, a discount for buying all of them would be nice, look forward to your reply.

Hi Robert,I just have one question regarding the MD-11. I find the Boeing 747-400 from PMDG quite easy to fly, generally speaking. I was wondering if someone from PMDG could tell me if the MD-11 is any more or less difficult to fly/control than the B747-400?Regards,

The MD11 in general is kinda like a cross, sorta, between a Boeing and an Airbus.It's a very automated plane, so if you know your Boeings or Airbuses you'll feel at home.But you'll still want to read the manuals as there is a lot of nuance and detail that I'm sure a lot of you will revel in...Cheers,Bryan

I haven't followed the development process for the MD-11, so if this has been answered before, my apologies.Will the initial release contain cargo versions of the aircraft? I am so dearly waiting for a PMDG quality FedEx MD-11 to fly in FSX. Or will the cargo version be a separate product like with the 747?Rick

Rick Ryan

Rick,PAX and Cargo will all be in the same package.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Rick,>>PAX and Cargo will all be in the same package.>>Regards,>MarkusThat made my day! Thanks!Rick

Rick Ryan

Anybody know the range of the MD-11? For example, could we fly non-stop from Los Angeles to Heathrow, or Sydney to Hong Kong? Which aircraft does it compare closest to in that regard (eg B767, A330, etc)?