Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06SEP08 PMDG MD-11 Progress Update

Captains-I thought you all might like an update on progress with the MD-11 in beta testing:We are preparing to issue another beta version to the testing team- and with this version we anticipate having a marvelously stable platform. Michael and Vangelis have been spending LONG hours chasing down items that might cause CTDs and we are now confident that with this new version, those problems will be resolved!We will be following up with another new beta in the middle of next week- and this one should include fixes for the vast majority of the open items reported to us by the testing team.If all goes according to plan, we may begin testing Release Candidates within two weeks. :-)I anticipate that beginning shortly after 15SEP, we'll begin providing you with quite a bit more information on the PMDG MD-11, including liveries, manuals, and lots of posts outlining the details of this new simulation!To accompany the PMDG MD-11, we are going to be offering a number of new products to help enhance your simming experience with the PMDG MD-11:-> Full color cockpit posters showing all panels in the PMDG MD-11. These posters will come in three different sizes, and you will be able to have them laminated prior to delivery if you wish. More details will be available on these posters on (approximately) Monday!-> Airline style, printed manuals: We have contracted with one of the worlds most recognized aviation technical publishers to produce a full set of flight-case sized airline-style manuals for the PMDG MD-11. These manuals are more than 1400 pages long, and are in three volumes broken up just like real airline pilot manuals. They are bound in hard resin binders with the PMDG logo and the MD-11 in color on the cover- and come fully tab-indexed with color tabs, a spiral bound Quick Reference Handbook and a laminated normal checklist. We'll make more information available on this new product at the same time we unveil the new cockpit posters. If you like your simming to be "as real as possible" you will definitely want to get your hands on a set of these manuals!-> Download liveries will become available in the near future as well. As always- when we release the manuals, you know we are close!-> Download copies of the manuals: We are working on some licensing issues to make these available. Once we have that resolved, I'll let you know.Okay- this is all the information I have for you tonight- but the most important message for you is: We're nearly there!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I must have gotten up to0 early. I thought I just read something about printed manuals. I'll go back to sleep and read it again later.

Guest Ryan Briggs

=O Printed Manuals!. I'm just curious. But due to my situation I have the following question.I want, The manuals, the FSX version, and the FS9 version.the Manuals sound just plain awesome.the FSX version Future proofs me.FS9 is my Current Simming platform likely untill i7 or better that can run FSX at 40-50FPS smoothly is released *I can pull 20 with my 747X while making the sim look good but that 20 just isn't smooth enough for me =/* so my question iswill PMDG be offering the full set *FS9, FSX, printed manuals bundle* for myself or people thinking the same thing? or even an FS9 FSX bundle?. I'd be willing to pay for them all seperately but for all those things a Bundle deal with a bit of a discount would be 100% Awesome on your guys part =]. Seeing as you guys did the FS9 version owners get the FSX version deal for an amount of time, could you guys do the opposite? get the FSX version now get the FS9 version discounted when it comes out?. Looking forward to what you guys have to say about it, if anything - Thanks!.

Guest pilot-joey

And look, this is why I love PMDG, great again, simply stunning! I'm staying tuned for the coming weeks. You made my day (already :()!Regards, Joey

Wow this is really great news guys.. Thanks! I really want to get my hands on these cool 3 volume mauals!! Almost there :-)Martijn

Wow great news PMDG. It won't be released in time for my birthday but not to worry. Like someone above said is this a timescale for the FSX version? I'm not looking for a release date but it looks like the MD11 could well be released before the end September/early Oct if all goes ok with the final testing. If this is so could you give us any indication of roughly how far behind the FS9 version will be? I have a pretty powerful laptop but it won't run FSX so that version is of little use to me.Any indication of price for the manuals? I hate reading manuals on a computer screen but I think the printed manuals will be way too expensie for me.Andy S

Guest LCD1080

Very exciting news. I've cleared off shelf space on my bookcase for those 1400 page manuals! Thanks for keeping us so well informed.

Guest Mower

Doing my utmost to ram this pending purchase through Committee.Thanks for the update.

>Doing my utmost to ram this pending purchase through>Committee.:-lolEXCELLENT NEWS! Sign me up for FSX/FS9 combo. I'm putting up with no sim detail to get FSX flying nicely (besides, what good is nice scenery in solid IMC, right?? :D ) . Bring on the MD-11!!!Best regards,Robin.

In anticipation for the release of the manual, I have already got all the supplies needed to print out the manual. I am looking forward to the release of the manual. Am I assuming correctly that the up and coming liveries release will be for the FSX version and the liveries for FS9 will be released later when it is closer for the FS9 MD-11 to be released? Will the posters of the panels be available for download as well? Also, will the manual to be released cover the FSX and FS9 in one manual?Can't wait. Looking forward to getting my hands on the MD-11 for FS9.Keep up the great work!!!!!!!ThanksPerry Fincher

Cant wait !!!Does the manual come with a tutorial flight?Thx a lot for the info... nice weekendCarlos. LESO.

>Does the manual come with a tutorial flight?Yes it does.Markus

Markus Burkhard

>-> Full color cockpit posters showing all panels in the PMDG>MD-11. >>-> Airline style, printed manuals: That sounds great. I can't wait. :)