Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

27SEP08: PMDG MD-11 Turning Final...

Captains-You will recall that when we released the PMDG 747-400 back in 2005, we kept a very tight lid on information during the last few weeks leading up to release. Then, in the middle of the night we posted the release without so much as a whisper to you here.While it was great fun to sit and see how long it took for someone to run screaming into the forum to let you all know that the 747-400 was available for sale (i think it was about 90 seconds...) we are NOT going to do that to you this time. :-)The PMDG MD-11 is very highly anticipated, due in large part to how many of you have been tracking the airplane's progress here since we first announced that Bill Grabowski and Michael Frantzeskakis were going to join PMDG nearly four years ago.Currently the FSX version is in the very late stages of beta testing. We have just given another beta version to the team, and we are preparing to give them one more on late monday or tuesday.Provided that nothing unusual comes up with this next version, we are anticipating shifting from beta testing to testing Release Candidates by late next week.This being the case, there is a realistic possibility that you will have access to the PMDG MD-11X within the next two weeks. :-)(Now isn't THAT exciting news?!)The FS9 version will begin making progress again once the FSX version is released. We feel that the FS9 version is advanced enough that it won't take long to wrap up, however there are still a large number of unknowns when it comes to making the advanced functionality of the MD-11X work within the confines of FS9.While our goal is to have the FS9 version out as soon as possible following the FSX version, I don't want to rule out the possibility that the FS9 version could still hit SIGNIFICANT snags as we attempt to make the airplane work on that older platform...To be more blunt: We'd like to see the FS9 version out within 30 days. But for all we know- it might take quite a bit longer than that... we just don't have a feel, yet.)Currently our beta team is installing and testing the 75 or so liveries that we have produced for you to use with the PMDG MD-11X. Once we have the all-clear on those, we'll make them available for download so that you can get a head start on building your stable.As always- thank you for your patience- we are looking forward to see your reaction to this marvelous airplane simulation!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest j-mo

This news is very encouraging! Thank you for the update.

Thanks Robert,Good luck with the FSX version. I will, however, be patiently waiting for the FS9 release (and I don't think I will be the only one!).:)

Graeme Butler

Guest boeing_driver

Very good news! Thank you Robert!!

>Thanks Robert,>Good luck with the FSX version. I will, however, be patiently>waiting for the FS9 release (and I don't think I will be the>only one!).>:) Good luck with the FSX version. I'm also a patient FS9 'waiter' ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi Mr Randazzo,That is good news to read on a sunday morning!I really hope that this time there won't be any smokinfg servers, collapsing AVSIM forums, etc as with the first release of the 747.Although, until now PMDG is the only one who achieved this, so in fact it shows how popular your 747 is!!Good luck to you all with the release.Greetingd from Holland,Wijnand (EHBK)

:-jumpy Wow, that's great news although I'm also waiting for the FS9 version...I'm really excited about the liveries (I hope we will see the Finnair Santa Clause paint)!

Yes! Yes yes yes! CC ready.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Great News!! I am waiting for the FS9 version. Now my OCD for checking this forum will be kicking into high gear.Richie Walsh

Richie Walsh

Guest LCD1080

Great news. I set the countdown timer on my desktop to Oct 10. When the bell rings it will be time to fire up the engines!

Guest pilot-joey

Great news, right in the middle of my selection procces (GREAT :(!)!Best regards, Joey

Also waiting for FS9 version. Will the pdf type manuals for the FSX version be availabe as a download off the site or will they be in the actual purchase files? I ask as it would be really nice for those of us waiting for the FS9 version to be able to get the manuals to have a read while we wait for the MD-11 FS9.Andy S

Guest XM DUDE

>Thanks Robert,>Good luck with the FSX version. I will, however, be patiently>waiting for the FS9 release (and I don't think I will be the>only one!).>:) I'm a future fs9 version customer as I just don't have a fast enough computer to run fs9 well.