Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-2-1-Now

Any News on Downloadable MD-11 Manuals?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think that they'll let us know the moment these are available. No offence intended :-)

This is crucial for me frankly. I must have the full manuals on pdf for me to consider a purchase. Those manuals MUST come with the product at no additional cost.

Mower,They come with the product. The issue is whether or not people will be able to download them before purchasing the product.Kyle

>I'll try to get an update for you guys on this...Thanks! :) Best regards,Robin.

>This is crucial for me frankly. I must have the full manuals>on pdf for me to consider a purchase. Those manuals MUST come>with the product at no additional cost.The PMDG MD-11 will come with manuals. The problem lies in getting permissions from Boeing to allow the manuals to be freely downloaded from the PMDG website, like the 737 and 747 manuals are. How nitpicky Boeing can be, i don

Oh this is painful: I could be reading up and getting ready for the release if only I had those manuals...would it help if I emailed Boeing myself...? LOL :-)

I hear ya! :DReading makes time go quicker, less nagging - I mean posting on the forums etc.. so overall the thing rolls out quicker... :D* hint hint * :DBest regards,Robin.

>>This is crucial for me frankly. I must have the full>manuals>>on pdf for me to consider a purchase. Those manuals MUST>come>>with the product at no additional cost.>>The PMDG MD-11 will come with manuals. The problem lies in>getting permissions from Boeing to allow the manuals to be>freely downloaded from the PMDG website, like the 737 and 747>manuals are. How nitpicky Boeing can be, i don

Guys,Boeing/Alteon has to approve us releasing manuals outside of the product itself because it's basically a real MD-11 AOM. We're trying but we can't do it if they won't agree...I think it's safe to say that if it's a feature of the real aircraft's flight deck, we have it short of really esoteric things like circuit breakers. You shouldn't be concerned about a lack of modeling fidelity or anything like that.

I thought that the MD-11 was made by Mc,Donnell Douglas?

>I thought that the MD-11 was made by Mc,Donnell Douglas?It was, MD was bought out by Boeing in 1997.

Yes please release the manuals. I will not purchase if I cant see the manuals first to understand the depth of the product and how much it differs from say the LDS 767 or Coolsky MD 80 Pro.

>I will not purchase if I cant see the manuals first to>understand the depth of the product and how much it differs>from say the LDS 767 or Coolsky MD 80 Pro.Give me a moment to arrange a little demo regarding 'depth' of this simulation... :)Regards,Markus

>Guys,>>Boeing/Alteon has to approve us releasing manuals outside of>the product itself because it's basically a real MD-11 AOM. >We're trying but we can't do it if they won't agree...>Ryan, Don't quite understand this statement..they have already given you permission to have a third party reprint and sell the manuals outside the product and also to give the manuals away for free with the product, but not to make them available for download to prospective customers? I thought you guys wrote the manuals(Precision Manual Development Group is what PMDG stands for right). I am sure they are placarded "Not for real world use" on every page.Steve

>Give me a moment to arrange a little demo regarding 'depth' of>this simulation... :)Ah yer killing me dude...where's the demo...?

Steve,the thing is: If you give them away for free before the product release, you don't know who is going to be a customer and who is not, so basically you'd be making available a download for the whole world to get without any control. I'm sure that's where the issue is with Boeing, but I'm not involved in this so can't say more...Markus

Well I would agree that pirates shouldn't get their hands on the manuals...if that was your point.

Hi,IMHO I can't see the problem. I could order the printed manuals now, but it doesn't mean I'll buy the simulation (YES I WOULD! :D ).Do Boeing get a cut of the sales? Could be a per-copy licensing thing.@Mark: Do you know the trouble you just caused yourself by offering a product demo? :D :D * Waits patiently for demo * :DBest regards,Robin.

>Steve,>>the thing is: If you give them away for free before the>product release, you don't know who is going to be a customer>and who is not, so basically you'd be making available a>download for the whole world to get without any control. I'm>sure that's where the issue is with Boeing, but I'm not>involved in this so can't say more...>>Markus Any chance I can buy the manuals via a loan or lay-a-way? Make 2 payments? ;)- Jake