Sign in to follow this  
Mace

The "Houston Express" is on its way again!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/WOA1000By the time you read this, the flight may be over, but it's an MD-11ER flight from Houston KIAH to Luanda, Angola FLNU. Nice long range flight.Here's todays flight plan:BPT5 BTR J590 MGM J40 MCN CH AR4 OLDEY L435 JAINS M326 JIMAC BDA WINGZ 3100N 06000W 2800N 05000W 2500N 04000W ULTEM UR976 CVS UA602 ORABI UA602 TITOR UG853 TERBA UG853F OPAPO Looks like there was a slight variation around the US east coast due to the low pressure and CB's there.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I did this flight a couple days ago. 14:30 hours from takeoff to touchdown. :) Longer than what it seems to take in the real world, but I didn't have weather turned on, so I'm sure I had a slower GS thanks to no wind.

A couple of us have been doing super long hauls this week to test out the fuel and eta predictions and memory usage. I did KJFK-FAJS.For those who are interested, at the conclusion of my preflight prep at Kennedy, the PROG page showed a projected flight time (ETE) of 15 hours and 9 minutes. I taxied clear in Jo'burg after 15 hours 11 minutes.Not bad!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest D17S

Spent 3 months there in the real world. Forever flight on a 707 from Paris, then a forever flight out on a C130 to Frankfurt. Gawd what a place. The Soviets had the place overrun and every thing was 'Bon dia Comrade' (old Portuguese colony with a Russian twist). Our 130s used to park next to Bears after taxing past Mig 19s (?) parked in quick launch dugouts. Watch out for those Migs and Bears on the airfield . . . but it might make an interesting flight in the Vworld.

Thanks for the intrigue guys - makes it that much more worth looking forward to. Long Haul in FS is a mixed blessing; in some ways it is incredibly satisfying to virtually cover those miles and in other ways it is mind-numbingly boring.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I feel like such a slacker...... my flight was just a little over 9 hours. PHNL KORD flying AA 072 (an old DC-10-30 route that I spent many hours in the jumpseat on). The MD-11 flew the route flawlessly all predictions were right on the money! it was a real joy.Stan

>What happened Rhett it seems the site isn't update above the>ocean?>Flightaware uses radar tracking data from the US FAA, outside of US controlled airspace the track will drop. You see the track through half of the Atlantic, IIRC, because that is actually a FAA center (NY Oceanic maybe?).-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

>>What happened Rhett it seems the site isn't update above>the>>ocean?>>>>Flightaware uses radar tracking data from the US FAA, outside>of US controlled airspace the track will drop. You see the>track through half of the Atlantic, IIRC, because that is>actually a FAA center (NY Oceanic maybe?).>>-Lee Barber>http://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpgThanks Lee :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André