Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Comparisons

Guest Bonkey

There not a massive improvement. Subtle improvement at best. I'm not going to say FSX isn't as handsome as FS9, especially not if you're a GA flyer. Lets not forget the FSX desert textures, the Inferior performance, same old flight model system (a little tweaking for the better in the 172), same Map, same reply system, same bluring, same terrain poping & dog SLOW terrain engine. Instead of adding awful scripted missions, i'd have liked to have seen, improved AI, with less robotic voice recordings, better vectoring.New runway n taxiway textures, not the bland low constrast over bumped mapped crap in FSX.Visual Icing FX.Landing lights that actually cast light. Strobes too. No overlayed non-additive FSX spotlight.bmp.Relistic Runway wet spray with more particle samples so you don't get gaps like now.Sloped Runways - Forget this too much tessellation excuse.Crash dynamics, I wanna see wings n wheels breaking off. Its more fun that lame rhino rescue missions.Improved Physics on the ground. I wanna slide that sucker on a icey or wet runway.Birds - Yes I Know, but I'd like them randomly generated & not limited to the missionsImproved Clouds & weather FX - we are loosing stuff like VC rain, not much improvements here.A new terrain Engine. Current one is bloated, 10years old & sucks up all the resourcesA SDK that actually works for those of us that wanna push a little further than default runways, taxiways & buildings. This area is an absolute disgrace currently.Aircraft shadows that don't fade in 10mile vis & direct sunlight. Fake penumbra shadows maybe? Not have to wait a year & a half for patches that make things worst.Ps. Jim, theres nothing wrong with your system. Your standards are just higher than many of those thinking FSX is wonderful.George Grimshaw / Flytampa

Guest fokker70

I must be blind too, because the changes are subtle outside of some shading and light bloom.I guess I want to fly a simulator and not play a game with "missions". All of us that are in this hobby have a certain way we want to use it. Having an open stable architecture that can be built and shared with users around the world would be wonderful.

I am completely satisfied with my tricked out FS9. I had FSX and just didnt see the big deal. I am still with FS9 and probably will stay that way.And I do have a great computer to run it on. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

>Not have to wait a year & a half for patches that make things>worst.>>Ps. Jim, theres nothing wrong with your system. Your standards>are just higher than many of those thinking FSX is wonderful.>>George Grimshaw / Flytampa>>>Actually I think both sims are way off ;-) From a graphical point and 3d we have a long way to go ;-)Actually are you saying for example that the ground textures are better then the FSX ones just curious... Because I think other wise...Actually do you think that the 3d models from FS9 are better too? with less vertices and old texture style?I don't say FSX is the better sim but another one there are certain areas which you can't compare...You think the FS9 engine is so wonderful?Can't wait for a new engine...Apologies that I'm one of the virtual pilots out there that enjoying both ;-)It seems when you like FSX you have done a crime :(But then again my standards aren't that high :-lolhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>>>It seems when you like FSX you have done a crime<<< :(Actually I personally don't believe you've commented a felony just because you happen to enjoy FSX (misdemeanor maybe :-lol)!Comparing shots, like the author of the shots above has done, can only the door for people to state their individual opinions (which is highly subjective), nothing more. FSX is a great sim for the new-comer, that is new to the world of Flight Simulation, with its wide choice of default aircraft and a bunch of missions to keep the newbie entertained, but we hard-core simmers will probably find ourselves more satisfied staying with FS9.Then again thats just an opinion too!Steve (Bear) Cartwright

Guest fokker70

"FSX is a great sim for the new-comer,..." "Then again thats just an opinion too!"One I fully support and agree with Steve. If some simmers enjoy FSX that's great, I'm happy and hope that enjoyment will help our hobby expand and keep growing.I consider myself a serious sim pilot trying to follow FAR's and STARs and SIDs and whatever else I can cram into a simple flight. That's what I enjoy learning and I'm always looking to add that touch more of "escapism" reality to my flight sim. FS9 as faulty and ill equipped as it is does this much more to my liking then FSX has the ability to do in near future. but,then again thats just my opinion too

>>>>It seems when you like FSX you have done a crime<<<>:(>>>Actually I personally don't believe you've commented a felony>just because you happen to enjoy FSX (misdemeanor maybe>:-lol)!>>Comparing shots, like the author of the shots above has done,>can only the door for people to state their individual>opinions (which is highly subjective), nothing more. >>Then again thats just an opinion too!>>Steve (Bear) CartwrightBear true all is highly subjective and nothing wrong with that...But some things are facts FS9 for example the texture quality difference and resolution between FS9 and FSX which is huge. anyway...But to try and run a new sim with all sliders to the right and then complaining about performance puzzles me...Also a comparison topic 12 months after the release of a product hence we have seen them all... whats the point? Just enjoy your sim.I remember our development period with the Aero Commanders great fun and in the framework of FS2002 / 2004 also a development transition...Learning new techniques and tools always pushing the envelope :-)As an hardcore simmer FSX is for me personally a great simulator with my LDS 767 and other advanced Aircraft catching up...Lucky I'm in the position now that I have the hardware to run the simulator... and to develop for both...I'm just glad that development of our platform continue so we will have an FS11 too...Then again that's just a opinion too maybe not in the best English...Can't wait to see your screenshots or stories :9 http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest Bonkey

Of course FSX's textures are better, they are twice the resolution. I just don't really care for them with those speckled blends. FSX is FS9. Its all the same engine dating back to FS2000. Maybe even further.ACES have been doing easy cheap updates too long. Its time for a massive change.

Guest Staggerwing

Can we all see where this thread is going ?.....The next posts will decide if the lock goes on it or not.

"Actually I think both sims are way off From a graphical point and 3d we have a long way to go"We know that but we love FS9 and will wait for something great that will come in the future. FSX is not it. "Actually are you saying for example that the ground textures are better then the FSX ones just curious... Because I think other wise..." From what I have seen the default FSX textures look more cartoony than FS9 ...the desertation everywhere is appalling...the way airports stand out is worse than FS9....yes I prefer the FS9 textures."Actually do you think that the 3d models from FS9 are better too? with less vertices and old texture style?"Wha!? .It depends on the skills of the modeller...not the vertices or textures.Anyway I do not mind people saying they love FSX but if you say FS9 is history I will happily deliver the tons of dust on my FSX copy to your door.Point being I want developers to develop for FS9 as well as FSX

Hornit- At 75, I guess my eyes are getting too old to see any differences at all! Please- which are which?Alex Reid

>Wha!? .It depends on the skills of the modeller...not the>vertices or textures.>>Anyway I do not mind people saying they love FSX but if you>say FS9 is history I will happily deliver the tons of dust on>my FSX copy to your door.>>Point being I want developers to develop for FS9 as well as>FSX>>

Ed I didn't say FS9 is history? just enjoy both sims or the sim you like.... Hence I have both on my HD only I find myself using FSX more and more (always when you say that every body is jumping on you lol)...As for the 3d models there are differences between FS9 and FSX not only the skill of the modeller there are technical boundaries too ;-) As for model textures FS9 is far outdated regarding the textures used compared to what used is in the graphical industry...Actually in FSX and model textures you can play more with the environment...As for delivering at my door you are always welcome take you then also to a great spotting place at EHAM and buy you a beer ;-)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>Ed I didn't say FS9 is history? just enjoy both sims or the>sim you like.... Hence I have both on my HD only I find myself>using FSX more and more (always when you say that every body>is jumping on you lol)...>>As for the 3d models there are differences between FS9 and FSX>not only the skill of the modeller there are technical>boundaries too ;-) >As for model textures FS9 is far outdated regarding the>textures used compared to what used is in the graphical>industry...>Actually in FSX and model textures you can play more with the>environment...http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0"FS9 purchases are history" for you maybe ...but not for most of us"technical boundaries" means diddly squat ...the "technical boundaries" of FS9 have yet to be reached.You know I would love to have a beer with you Andr

>>Ed I didn't say FS9 is history? just enjoy both sims or the>>sim you like.... Hence I have both on my HD only I find>myself>>using FSX more and more (always when you say that every body>>is jumping on you lol)...>>>>As for the 3d models there are differences between FS9 and>FSX>>not only the skill of the modeller there are technical>>boundaries too ;-) >>As for model textures FS9 is far outdated regarding the>>textures used compared to what used is in the graphical>>industry...>>Actually in FSX and model textures you can play more with>the>>environment...>>>http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0>>"FS9 purchases are history" for you maybe ...but not for most>of us>>"technical boundaries" means diddly squat ...the "technical>boundaries" of FS9 have yet to be reached.>>You know I would love to have a beer with you Andr

André