Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

*******SU2 Is Ready For Testing*******

Hi all,B325 is available for testing... this includes some fixes for problems foundsince release and post-SU1 (unofficial service update).http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/ASV-SU2.ZIPIf you'd like to test, we would appreciate any feedback! Please see thefollowing for changes/items to test:ASV Service Update 2 (B325)This addresses the following issues:1) Some systems could not execute the mip/no mip conversion in AE, or wouldreceive "Runtime Error 6 - Overflow". Fixed.2) Chinese date format could cause "Main Thread Process Error". Fixed.3) ActiveRadarConnector problem with certain drive/path names has beenfixed.4) Auto VAS-Point Generation could cause thermals that provided excessivelift all the way to the ground, making landings difficult and unrealistic.Fixed. Now VAS points will not activate when less then 300ft AGL.5) When certain problems with a wx file download occurred, certain temporaryfiles might remain and old weather would appear to not update. Fixed. 6) Wind reported as 360 (direction, true) would appear as 036 (direction,true). Fixed. Now 360 will correctly show as "000 degrees true".YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL SU1 FIRST. UPDATES ARE INCLUSIVE SO YOU WILL GET THE FIXES IN SU1 ALSO!Please keep in mind that this is an unofficial release so use at your own risk.Thanks Everyone!!JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

I just installed the update and now I'm receiving a Download failed or cancelled. will retry at next update interval message everytime I try to update or download current weather. Since I've never received this message before installing this patch was wondering if it might be the cause?DISREGARD!!!!!!!!!McAfee Personal Firewall was blocking ASV because it didn't recognize the update......works fine now.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

PLEASE DISREGARD!!!!!!!!!McAfee Personal Firewall was blocking ASV because it didn't recognize the update......works fine now.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest Charnwood

Just installed the update and the two problems that I'd seen appear to be fixed. I downloaded and activated the current weather, which I'd had problems with just yesterday. No problem this time. I set the VAS percentage back to 40, loaded up the Realair SF260 at KOMA with nice juicy convective conditions and did a few touch and go's. Above 300 AGL I was getting the VAS events, but not on final approach, landing or take-off and I didn't get any of the floatiness on landing that I'd had before. The update is good for me. Thanks guys.David.

Hi Jim can i simply run the installer and not worry about any of my settings altering or changing to default, i remember as 2004.5 it was suggested that after a new build to hit normal defaults, is ASV designed to do this automatically. I ask because i'll need to write down my settings before updating to SU2.Thanks!

Damian, Chris and Jim,Has the team noticed that after WX downloads that there can be pretty drastic pressure changes that cause the PMDG 737NG to alter altitudes dramatically. This happen while flying in Europe. I have my settings in FSUIPC 3.48 to make very slow changes in pressure 1MM per 60 seconds but that did not seem to alter the fast pressure settings I experienced the last couple of days.Can ASV control these fast pressure changes?Thanks for a really nice new version.Bob

Jim, I had the update interval set to 30 minutes. As you mentioned, that may be the trouble. I have now changed my options to every 10 minutes that could fix this issue.Next, I saw where you work in Detroit, I was born and raised there. Went to Chadsey High School on the west side and then went on to Michigan State University, got my BS and MS and my commission in the USAF. I go back to Michigan every year for my family reunion, but I live in Denver Colorado now.BTW, are you and Damian aware of this small issue, if you shut ASV down with a abnormal close, you can only start it again with a restart of XP. Have you come across this problem? When I say abnormal shutdown I mean with XP Task Manager. When I went to restart, the desktop icon would not activate the ASV.exe. STRANGEBob

Guest miked1

Yes I have had that problem. I hit a scenery problem over Canada and FS9 apologised for the problem and restarted. ASV was still running in the background and providing weather and weather info on the scrolling message but I could not bring up the user interface using task manager with 'bring to front'. i tried to run the ASV.exe and nothing happened.As I said it was still running quite happily in memory doing a good job.MikeEGGP