Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

*******SU2 Is Ready For Testing*******

Hi Bob,Yes, I work at Northern H.S.I just tried by using the Applications method AND using the Processes method and both worked fine. Using the applications method did clear ASV from the processes list. No re-boot was necessary and ASV started again using the icon. So I can't duplicate this! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

OK, thanks for letting me know Jim - I'm already looking forward to that future update ;-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest davidvoogd

I've been using SU2 for a while now - so far no problems, thermals seem better, I haven't had any floating problems on the ground.

Jim,Back on the issue I reported before about the pressure changes. I did change my update cycle to every 10 minutes. On a long from from BIKF-KORD I still noticed the altitude bobying after each update. Since I was quite away above the standard pressure alititude I could see how much it was changing quite a bit. I don't remember this issue in AS 4.5. Was there a major change in the code for ASV?Even still the clouds and sky environmnet are just "wonderful" in ASV.ThanksBob

Guest astemland

Hello.just installed the update pack, and I think its a very good update :) made my weather even more better.but I have unfortainly 1 bug who I dont know is a so big deal but decided to write it anyway..in the metar boxes. it is showing me a newer metar but its using a older metar instead (the metar before)... why is that?for example. landed at Helsinki on my last flight and weather was in the newest metar 2 hours before that before. showing 060@13 but the old metar was showing 160@13 and it wouldnt change to the new one...besides that ASV is working perfect here and I want to thank you for a so good excellent software.cheersAnders

Hi Anders!This is due to local suppression. You can always fetch the latest available data via the custom fetch area, but the "closest station report" is subject to suppression. It will not update if you are airborn and within the local suppression range. This is to prevent visible weather shifts/pops to your immediate area and is explained a bit in the manual. Let us know if you have any questions!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest bfindlay

Hi - just heard about ASV tonight (I have been off the sim for a few months). I am surprised I never recieved notice email from you folks - loyal customer since WXRE days, but I bet my spam filter caught em.I am on the road now, and would like to purchase this upgrade, but I won't be near my desktop computer until late August/Early September. Is there a way to purchase now, and lock in the upgrade price, but download at a later date?PS is the ridge lift/thermal modelling real?? IE, if the wind is blowing from the west onto a North/South ridge, do I get the chance to ridge run in a sail plane?? Way cool if yes!!Cheers.

Hi,Thanks for sticking with us! We don't have a master mailing list so we hope users watch our web site or forum here. But being away that may have been hard to do.Yes, you can purchase now from our site and download later. If you do that and have trouble later on, you can write me and I will take care of it.Not too sure about the modelling, but I think yes.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest bob

HiJust bought and downloaded the upgrade to 5 today, 26th July. Can I assume this is up to date and does not require any additional files?ThanksBob Wright

Hi Bob,Thanks for the purchase! The only way for sure is to check the Build # on the main screen. The first was 314 and after the SU2 it will be 325. I highly suggest SU2 as it does fix some things that would affect your flying.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

I had to reinstall ASV after a crash of FS9 and now after installing the 325 update ASV still shows build 314 on the main screen even though the 325 update reported it was installed sucessfully. Is there any way I can check to make sure that build 325 was indeed installed?______________________________________________________________________DISREGARD!! I ran REPAIR instead of MODIFY this time and the update was installed correctly.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Hello,Any idea when next update or SU3 will be available?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64