Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

What kind of HiFi add-ons are you most interested in?

What kind of HiFi add-ons are you most interested in?  

117 members have voted

1. 1.

• Weather Engine
    • Sky/Environment Graphics
    • Passenger Simulation
    • Flight Planning
    • Other

Hi all,As HiFi looks to further expand its product line, we were hoping to get some feedback on what types of add-ons our customers would like to see us focusing on. Thanks in advance for voting and any comments!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest thx1137

I figure you already do options 1 and 2 and seeing as this is for expanding the product line I recon passenger simulation is the way to go. FSPassengers was really cool when I ran FS9. A good flight planner is probably number 2 for me. The existing FSX planners user interface design bugs me too much to use them! FSNavigator was my favorite.Steven.

I would love software that manages an airline AND an airline career.But nothing cheesy. A great engine that manages fleet, stores company plans, provides cost index, pilots, flights, revenue etc..I would love to fire up one engine, have the weather, graphics, passengers, dispatch, ops, available flights (based on real time and the schedules we can make) etc.. etc.. Maybe it can read AI traffic files as an option for scheduling....Right now, I do much of this in Excel..... because I'm a severe planning geek. The flying part is fun, but the planning and statistics are where I can relax at my computer and enjoy the rewards of my flight.Oh you shouldn't have asked..... I could go on for a week.... :)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Yea I like to see a good stats program myself. Hours, mileage, total fuel consumption,number flights per AC and where to. Being able to analyse your current logbook also would be a plus. Of course an option for editing because the FSX logbook does screw the pooch sometimes and need a fixing.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I third the last two posts!!! Some nice analytical / flight planning / airliner simulation software!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

ya know another cool thing I thought of is if you have previous saved flights ( I have about 120 LOL ) and you had AC parked at the same airport as your current flight you could see them there also but I'm probably dreaming the impossible.Daveo ESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Okay nobody else makes one so I guess you can make an FSX TCAS system also :D

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest crashupkenny

I found out today that an FS X version of FS Navigator will not be coming out (the product is being discontinued.) So that would leave an wide open opportunity for a moving map/navigation/flight planning program. A program to replace FS Navigator would be so peachy keen! I don't think there is any other program that I'm aware of in this category. If anyone knows of one let me know. Santa brought me FSX! :-)

>I found out today that an FS X version of FS Navigator will>not be coming out (the product is being discontinued.) So that>would leave an wide open opportunity for a moving>map/navigation/flight planning program. A program to replace>FS Navigator would be so peachy keen! I don't think there is>any other program that I'm aware of in this category. If>anyone knows of one let me know. Santa brought me FSX! :-) I use Flight Sim Commander for that. It will also load Level-D PMDG and I-Fly.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest crashupkenny

Thanks Daveo,It looks like a great program and I'm going to give it a go. Appreciate it. Have a great New Year!

Fleet management is the only current thing I really miss a lot. By that, I mean an addon where you can actually old and new planes, the old one being less reliable, the new ones becoming less reliable if not maintained properly, the reliability showing up in flight with breakdowns. It's one of the best things in FsPassengers that you don't find in Cargo Pilot for example.Nice addition to fleet management would involve simulating the whole fleet movements, that could show as AI aircraft in the sim, and that would generate special events such as a plane being stranded somewhere needing delivery of an engine to be able to fly again etc etc. It could sounds like a lot, but then again I think my standards have increased since I discovered what FsPassengers could do. In that sense, XPax was a total miss for me, it is like the surface of FsPassengers but has no depth. I don't really thing I'm attracted by this new "mini-addons" philosophy.

Hi Jim / Damian,I thought I'd resurrect this poll as there's been no mention of its results.By far the most requested software was a flight planner. Your web page did mention one some time ago but has since been removed.Now that I have a powerful enough PC I find I'm flying more with FSX but the supplied planner is really dreadful and by the time I've created a plan my blood pressure is a lot higher than when I started.So, given your reputation for producing quality software I was wondering if you have any news for us. I keep looking at FSBuild and FSCommander but I'm holding back in the hope that you chaps will be bringing something out that will blow the competition out of the water.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather