Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

FS9 and the Dell 2405FPW "widescreen"

Thanks for the compliments guys. This monitor really adds a whole new dimension to FS. Other games look amazing on it as well even at 1280* 1024, 1600*1200 or even 1024*768. I have not had any issues at all. No special software is needed for the additional monitors, I run two 7800 GTX OC video cards in non-SLI. Just dual 7800's capable of four monitors. I am waiting for the second 2405 widescreen :). I use the CH throttle quad, yoke and rudder pedals. I did not have them in that picture as I had just got the monitor and set it up after back surgery. Couldn't actually use it just wanted to snap a picture :) I only fly VC and you should see things like the Dreamfleet Archer or Baron with the realityXP setup on this monitor, it is mindblowing... I got it on special for $1000 with overnight delivery included. Not bad considering the Sony 23 goes for $1600. Thanks again,-Paulhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 4000 @27002 Gigs Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800GTXOC Non-SLI 515/1325Dell 24 inch widescreen LCD 1920*1200Dual Samsung 930B MonitorsRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sSB Audigy 2 ZS

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul,I do not have my new system yet but they are going to set up my 2x7800 in SLI. Will it be possible for me to run additional monitors with this configuration?Also, if you get a chance can you post a 2D shot of that panel in the photograph. I'm trying to get an idea of what I'll be dealing with. I use Bill Grabowskis' ERJ panel for the Embraer 145.Regards,Jerel

Hey Jerel. I am not sure if you will be able to run multiple monitors with SLI. I know that you would not be able to run more than two max because essentially the second card becomes a slave and I think all monitors get hooked up to one card in SLI. If all you do is FS or if that is what you do most of the time, I might consider having them take the dual 7800 cards out of SLI and using them as individual cards. I benchmarked 88700 almost 90000 with the single card yesterday so there really isn't anything the single 7800 can't handle but FS really does not know how to take advantage of SLI yet...Just a thought,-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 4000+2 Gigs Corair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX OC 515/1325Dell 2405 24 inch widescreenDual Samsung 930B 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sSB Audigy 2 ZS

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest aihuntersandgatherer

>talking about monitors check this out>>http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=5540I don't think that this one will make anyone happy. The resolution is way too low for it's size if you consider sitting in front of it.I saw a few simmilar ones at the Australian Flightsim Expo. Microsoft had brought two of them to showcase FS2004. It looked dreadfull!

Here is your problem with a screen like that:1366 x 768 (WXGA) is the max resolution...I run my 24 at 1920*1200, you can not even compare...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

What kind of speakers are you using? I am considering the Logitech Z-5550 Digital. Thanks!

Guest Ed Lin

Alex thanks for the shots...I actually caught a sweet coupon deal for this monitor on Sunday night and got a good price on it. The monitor's now sitting in my living room in it's box (came late yesterday) waiting for my basement renovation to complete. Those shots have me salivating!!!Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Alexi see your in Sydney, how much did you pick the Dell 24" for?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Ed Lin

Alex, one question. I looked at your screenies and system specs at the other link in the screenshot forum. Do you use any anti-aliasing on your video card at that resolution? If so, what level of AA do you have set? Thanks.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Hi Clayton,I got mine for 1440 delivered. I checked the Dell website frequently and just waited for a decent discount. When you call up Dell directly they might be willing to drop the price further if you bargain a little.There is also a bulk buyer website around and they organized a few batch deals as far as I heard over in the whirlpool forums. The website is here: http://bulkbuyer.com.au/site/I've never personally delt with them though.Cheers,Alex :)

Hi Ed,I use a 7800GT and coming from ATI I am very disappointed with NVIDIA's AA and AF performance. I had to max everything out to get decent display quality ( 8s x and 16x, high quality). On my old 9800Pro 4x and 8x was sufficient :(Also keep in mind that the screens show Megascenery SC at a pretty low altitude which is why the ground looks so grainy.Cheers,Alex

hi Alexi just ordered mine for a price $1439 delivered!they have a 20% sale going on at the moment!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Clayton,I'm sure you'll enjoy it! You got a two weeks money back guarantee anyways, so if you don't like it or got dead pixels you can exchange it or get your $$$ back. Cheers,AlexP.S.: Sorry: I didn't get around sending that screenshot to you. I've been working all weekend and went out at night.