Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

FS9 and the Dell 2405FPW "widescreen"

Can you post some screenshots where the 2d panels are stretched with the dell 2405fpw? I am considering purchasing that lcd. Thank you.

Can you post some screenshots where the 2d panels are stretched with the dell 2405fpw? I am considering purchasing that lcd. Thank you.

I would sugges move the resized panel window to the left and place the radio panel to the right.and you are good to go. The black on either side is a waster real estate.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest panda234

That's a good idea Manny, then resize the radio panel to fit properly. It won't look weird if it's a little out of shape. billg

Guest aihuntersandgatherer

Hi there,I'll take some screens once I have some time and am at home. In the meantime: Is there anything in particular (as in a particular add-on or scenario)you would like to see?Regards,Alex

Alex,Thank you for replying.Yes, definitely some screenshots of the 2d Panel and the Virtual Cockpit. I would like to see some shots in and outside of the aircraft as some of the posts indicate that you can see more real estate. I am also concerned about the refresh rate and response time. Are you seeing any ghosting with 12 ms response time and at what refresh rate are you running at 1920x1200? Thank you.

Guest aihuntersandgatherer

Well, ...as far as the ghosting goes: FS is not too fast anyway so the issue would be more prominent in other applications. So far I've watched DVD's, HDTV, and played BF2 without ever noticing any ghosting at all :)In regards to the refresh rate: 60Hz is standard for this screen (as is for most TFT's).Please give me some time for the screens, I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I won't forget ;-)Cheers,Alex

Guest Ed Lin

Yes, I'd like to see more screenies too if you'd be so kind. I'm days away from ordering a 2405 though I will likely go with a refurbished. Thanks.

Where are you purchasing a refurbished unit? How much are they selling them for? Thanks.

hiplease post a Screen Shot of the 24" in the PMDG 737 VCthx!if you could could you please post the 'original' sized screenshot to my email addy at fpa75 at hotmail dot comthanks!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Here is my setup with the 2405. I too absolutely love it. I can't wait to put another 24 next to the one I have now... This monitor is made for VC flying.http://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 4000 @27002 Gigs Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800GTXOC Non-SLI 515/1325Dell 24 inch widescreen LCD 1920*1200Dual Samsung 930B MonitorsRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sSB Audigy 2 ZS

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Ed Lin

Ultra cool!!! Now you got me thinkin' about an additional, smaller LCD or two.What do you use for a joystick or yoke?Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Very nice setup!!! I am seriously considering the Dell 24 inch now. Do you have to use special software to get the views on your 19' LCD's? Also, are you having to stretch your 2D panel? I have not done any VC flying but I think the 24 inch would make me want too. Definitely more real estate. Thanks!