Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

FS9 and the Dell 2405FPW "widescreen"

I just intalled this monitor ..... the addition realism added with MSFS in "large" widescreen is breath taking ...IF you are contemplating getting a large widescreen .. this one (24" widescreen) comes highly recommendedVern:-jumpy

Guest wildfire563

What is the resolution you are using for FS?I have Dell D800 laptop with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, which is not a "traditional" ratio, and I've found my 2D panels to be a little stretched. How did you deal with this?Thomas Perry

>What is the resolution you are using for FS?>>I have Dell D800 laptop with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, which>is not a "traditional" ratio, and I've found my 2D panels to>be a little stretched. How did you deal with this?I am using 1920X1200 as well .. the 2D panels are a bit stretched .... but easy to over come because of the widescreen beauty ... in words, i am willing to over look the slightly stretched look .. for MSFS in 24" widescreen glory ... :-)

Do you mean..that you are looking at a 4:3 picture stretched to a 16:9 widescreen?Let me put it another way... The same picture you would see on a regular monitor, its now being sctreched out to a widescree? If that is so, Why would you want to view a distorted picture?Someone told me that you could view more on a widescreen than you would on a normal screen. Golly..I am so confused.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest panda234

I'm curious about this too. Can a video card compensate for the stretching somehow? billg

Guest skipguild

I also just got a system with a wide screen (1680 x 1050 pixel). The scenery and external views are fantastic and use proper proportions (more to see on left and right side of screen). Unfortunately the 2D view of the cockpit is awful. It is the same proportions as the screen, which results in a horizontal distortion and extreme oval guages. Any way to fix the 2D display of the panels?

I guess the ATI control centre will allow for these resolutions so it must be proper fit. allen

You could rewrite the gauge sizes in the panel.cfg to narrow down the horizontal, but would also have to redesign the panel bimap.I could easily do that myself, I know what Id be doing, but it is a lot of arithmatic and geometry.gauge00=gaugename, x-positon, y-position, x-length, y-lengthshrink the x-length till it fits allen

hican you tell me how it looks only in VC mode? like the 737PMDG NG aircraft, can you post a screenshoti only fly in VC, in the NG. thanks.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

If you are debating weather to buy a widescreen or not... stop it ...and go get it.Its awesome... There is no negative that I can see.even the stretched panels (not the external view) can be un stretched with your mouse and save the flight. and in the place saved because of the unstrectch... display radio or GPS or anything else and place it in the extra place to the right.Next time..when you load the flight.. it will not be stretched.

Manny

Its awesome.. no distortion of any kind.

Manny

Guest skipguild

Thanks mucho. Works like a champ with no distortion. I forgot how much I used to complain about what happened when I accidently dragged the instrument panel around by mistake.And to the other question. Virtual panels work fine with no distortion or correction required other than to perhaps zoom in closer to the panel.

Guest aihuntersandgatherer

Hi there,I took delivery of a 2405FPW myself in the last week. I was using a 21" Dell CRT (with a Sony Trinitron tube) and I must say I am overwhelmed by the brilliance of the 24" TFT. The colours are very vibrant and warm once you adjust the display brightness down. I also changed my gamma settings a little and now I am 100% happy with the image quality.Most importantly FS looks stunning! The widescreen in combination with the massive 24" 'real estate' makes for a relly changed flying experience. To me this is the best upgrade decision I have ever made. I can really recomend this panel especially to people who enjoy their virtual cokpits (as the 2D panel is slightly stretched). I'd love to try a Track IR with vector expansion with it :)I'll get a 7800GT next week and then I should be in simmer heaven :)Regards,Alex

I am considering the Dell 2405FPW. Can you post some screenshots to show the 2D panel with the stretching? Many thanks.