Sign in to follow this  

Hi I am just wondering if there is anybody out there (say with the very latest and fastest CPU) whose CPU does not run at 100% when using FS9?Just wondering.Barry

I have seen some people here, that have dual-core cpu's, say that theirs shows less than 100%.I have always thought FS would try to use 100% if it was the foreground application, no matter how much horsepower you put behind it.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My dual core runs FS at about 50% and then another 50% is available for the system idle.

About 58% running an AMD 4800+ (dual core). With that said, I still don't get stellar performance with FS, just the way it's programed. Hoping FSX will make it more balanced between CPU and GPU.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

>My dual core runs FS at about 50% and then another 50% is>available for the system idle. Same scenario here.Is this a waste of potential processing power ? Is there a way to allocate more processing time/resources to a particular application, eg, fs ???

Guest wayupthere

No, fs9 wasnt build to take advantage of dual core as thus not coded for it, hopefully fsx will be able to take full potential of it.

Howdy,I'm getting about 55% with my AMD 64x2 4200. Excellent performance with most display sliders max and 100% ai.