Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

VIA Chipset Problem... ATTN ALL GURUS

Guest byoung

Hello,I am posting a new thread to see if anyone has a solution to the CH Products USB Rudders problem. According to CH Products, they want me to buy an Intel Based motherboard / chipset so the USB devices Yoke / Rudders will work properly.Anyone have any ideas? It appears that VIA has about 70+ % of the chipset market.What can we do?Barry

That's a lousy deal isn't it!I wonder why all the other usb devices I have work fine.I just upgraded to a new via board hoping it would fix the usb problem for good before I new of this issue-it is better-but I still have to every once in a while plug in and out the rudder pedals.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

I really don't think there is anything anyone can do at this point anymore. Many people I know have this problem, regardless of their motherboard / computer setup... CH needs to give us some REAL drivers regardless if they say you don't need drivers for USB controllers....Cpudan80 :) :+

Guest byoung

We need someone external that is a Driver GURU with a love of Flight Simming to write the correct and working driver. CH Blames VIA and Mircosoft, and Microsoft Blames VIA, and VIA Blames Microsoft.Who knows, maybe CH would OEM them if it worked.It is a Windows XP / VIA issue.Barry

What is the problem? I have a Soltek 75DRV-5 KT133/133 motherboardwith VIA 4in1 drivers. I have considered buying CH rudderpedals andhas been told to choose the USB version. Is this a bad idea? Is thereany alternative at reasonable prices?

Yea, I'm puzzled too, I had an Asus A7V-266 and am currently running a Soyo KT333 Platinum and have run my CH Prod USB yoke/pedals fine since the latest Control Manager software came out for XP?Luck!P

Barry,I'm no guru but I have to tell you I have an ASUS A7V133 running WIN98Second Edition while using both the USB CH FlightSimYoke AND the USB CH rudders for probably close to a year now.I only have one problem and that is if I program the wheelbrakes. I think it is becuase its from overuse, the right pedal brake axis seems over-sensitive. My virtual A&P mechanic is constantly changing my virtual brakepads... :-) Other than that, the rudder axis gets mixed up sometimes, but I think I'm the one who gets mixed up. I reverse the axis and all is fine.My game PC is down right now, secondary HDD failure, not even 1 month past the warranty date! That's why I do not play the lottery.I'll post my system specs after I put the pieces back together. :-)Regards,

Guest byoung

The problem doesn't exist with Windows 98SE. It is just an Windows XP / VIA problem only.So what are we to do?Barry

Guest panzerschiffe

You might want to try the support forums at www.viaarena.com and download the latest 4in1 drivers while you're at it.

Guest byoung

Jfri,I would call CH Products Tech Support (www.chproducts.com) and ask them if your motherboard is compatible before plopping down the $200+ to get the USB Yoke and Pedals.The only other USB Yoke and Pedals I know of is PFC, and I think it runs $750-$900 for the Yoke and Pedals. But I bet you they don't have this problem.Barry

Guest byoung

I have posted on that forum as well.If somebody can confirm that the 4in1 drivers solved the problem, I will spend the time. But I think that has been discussed on other threads as NOT solving the problem...Barry

I have a Asus A7V133 motherboard as well running windows 98SE. VIA 4in1 driver version 4.43. I have no problems now, but I did initially. I have to say this. My next computer will have an Intel chipset.Software story..Bought FS95, in 2000, got hooked, bought FS98, got more hooked, bought FS2000 and got even more hooked, then came the addiction, FS2002.Hardware story:I first bought a Microsoft Force feedback 2 joystick (USB), and guess what? It didn't work with the VIA chipset. Microsoft made a patch. I then bought USB CH pro pedals and plugged them into an open USB port on a PCI card. My USB FF2 joystick, was plugged into a USB port on the motherboard. I had to install the CH control manager for my system to even know what these pedals were, before using them. With out the CH control manager, they will not function properly on my system. All was good, rudder and toe brakes work fine and FF2 joystick worked great.Addiction continued, and I bought a USB CH Pro throttle asm.I now had two USB ports used and two USB ports free, so I plugged them in as follows:Config: Port 1 USB motherboard - FF2 joystick Port 2 USB motherboard - empty Port 1 USB PCI card - CH pedals Port 2 USB PCI card - CH throttle asmInstallation worked fine (with PC powered up). After shutting down the PC and restarting it the next day, now my USB pedals and CH throtle asm did not work. Hmmmmm what the.....If I unplugged then plugged the devices back in (with PC powered up) all was fine once again... Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Every time my PC was restarted, the CH devices did not work... After sometime of trouble shooting, it did this config:Config: Port 1 USB motherboard - FF2 joystick Port 2 USB motherboard - CH throttle asm Port 1 USB PCI card - CH pedals Port 2 USB PCI card - emptyAfter this change, all devices worked fine. I suspect their is some kind of timing issue with the CH devices on power up, which was causing me problems. This setup worked fine until I made my next purchase.... a USB scanner... I only had one USB port left, so not thinking plugged it like this:Config: Port 1 USB motherboard - FF2 joystick Port 2 USB motherboard - CH throttle asm Port 1 USB PCI card - CH pedals Port 2 USB PCI card - ScannerNow my scanner cannot be seen... Hmmmmm So I did this: Port 1 USB motherboard - FF2 joystick Port 2 USB motherboard - CH throttle asm Port 1 USB PCI card - Scanner Port 2 USB PCI card - CH pedalsThis configuration has worked fine and I've had no problems since...It appears the USB pedals some how are causing a timing issue on my USB ports.My only suggestion, try different USB configurations, because, it fixed my problem, and I think the CH pro pedals are the culprit..Try plugging your pedals into your last USB port...Good luck and cheers

Guest byoung

Maybe someone else has tried this?? Did it work?Let me make one more clarification:The problem exists with Windows XP.. Not with Windows 98 SE.Barry

Guest Wichita

I have an ASUS A7V266-E mobo and have had them and the CH Yoke plugged in to my USB hub. Worked fine on my setup. The only problem I have isn't software its hardware. The yoke isn't that smooth IMO. I'm still working on it,not real impressed at this point in time.Funny CH would pass blame on VIA. EVERY USB piece of hardware I own works perfect with that chipset. I plug it in,XP recognize's the hardware and away we go. Sounds like CH passing the buck to me...David

Guest byoung

Thanks for the reply.It is definitely CH Products... But according to CH Products Tech Support they are finished as far as trying to figure out the problem. They have exhausted all resources. That's why I appealed to a higher source, some guru that writes drivers and loves Flight Simming>>>Maybe Microsoft will fix it with Direct 10.x??I wonder if anyone has reported this problem to Microsoft??Barry