Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

Finally, FSX gets FS9 performance.

I'm getting lots of autogen buildings as well with a renamed default.xml file.I guess the remaining nagging issue for me is AI airplane traffic. Even by importing my low detail FS9 planes, any AI setting brings a noticeable drop in my frame rate.

Guest Redvan

Ok, I'll have to give it a shot. How'd I get rid of Catalyst Control Center? Will I still have the current drivers installed?

Guest christianholmes

Can anybody tell me what default.xml does?

Guest delsutton

Can someone enlighten me as to where default.xml can be found? It's not in my FSX nor my Documents and Settings folder.

Guest delsutton

Could someone enlighten me as to where default.xml can be found? It's not in my FSX or my Documents and Settings folders.

Guest SanH

sadly in RivaTuner i dont get the settings to switch off the shader. i have the same graphics card Geforce 7600 GS as the guy who reported the same thing further up the post.this graphics card is also not listed display.cfg so i guess i cant try this one out :(

It's in the FSX Autogen folder.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

>Uh, well yes the fix to rename the default.xml and change the>800 and 3000 etc works, but it works because now we have like>no autogen lol. Of course the FPS are higher....anyone else>notice the extreme lack of autogen? I think I'll just keep>mine off, once you get past 1000ft anyway the textures are so>nice you don't need autogen....Well, I'm sorry i cannot agree with the sentiments of this post.Re-naming the XML file in the Autogen folder from default to default.bak. is the best twaek yet to this sim. It virtually doubled my FPS.And that is with increasing the scenery density to very dense and the autogen to dense.My FPS are in the twenties and thirties over cities.I am at 15 FPS in a boeing 737 taxiing at kennedy airport, and with scenery at very dense, there are one or two buildings about....:)I did not notice the loss of anything much.

Guest jbinner

I just tried it on my card with RivaTuner. I dont have FSX yet, but I can tweak my card, or simulate tweaking. :)I too only have 5 buttons in riva-tuner, but the button you need is there.--ON RivaTuner, be on the "Main" Tab--Under the section "Driver Settings" there is a little triangle on the right side. CLick on this, it opens the 5 icons.--Of those 5 icons, Second one from left looks like an "X" from the DirectX Logo. CLick on this.--This brings up "Direct3D Tweaks" and has MANY tabs.--the one you want is "Shaders." You can set it here.My specs:RivaTuner v2.0 RC16NVidia 6800XT video card1.5GB DDRAM PC 3200, Mushkin RAMAMD Athlon 64 2800+MSI K8TNeo Motherboard