Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

Finally, FSX gets FS9 performance.

Guest EdrickV

The DirectX settings would be accessable from the Driver Settings "Customize..." (aka triangle button) popup, not the one under Target Adapter. (The pic shown above shows the popup for Target Adapter.)If RivaTuner is saying it doesn't recognize the drivers (rather then just saying it hasn't been tested with them) and doesn't have the second triangle button then the drivers probably are the problem. With 91.31 it says it hasn't been tested but the second triangle button is there and the DirectX settings page is accessable. I won't be disabling the shaders in my FSX though."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Jimbofly

Wrong.It still looks a lot better than FS9. The textures are better and the autogen is FAR better (especially the trees). Oh, and you still have the vehicle traffic, boats, missions, head-latency, etc etc etc.James

Guest beloka

I Agree !This is the first time with any simulator that I get the impression I am really flying. I did a couple of circuits today in the c172 and they come very close to the real thing.. .dont know if its the way the aircraft and the 'pilot' movements are slightly out of tune.. even the landing.. just pull up the nose and the aircraft will setlle down gently.But to get back to the topic which helped me to get an improve in FPS, altough not as spectacular as descirbed by others here, where is that fsx.cfg ??? Is it a file.. or a section in another file???tnxEric

Christian; It controls placement of some generic autogen; gas stations,genericroad signs, power poles, phone poles, fastfood joints, misc chem tanks,billboards, silos, barns,ect. It does not effect trees...at least not in fs9. I've taken screenies of the same view with it enabled and not and itsreally hard to tell the difference from 2000agl.

Guest Jimbofly

It's a file, and it's location depends on whether you're using Win XP or the Vista beta.In Win XP the location is: C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXJames

>If you rename default.xml to something else, you will lose>all "special" autogen in urban areas, such as gas stations,>water towers, etc. You'll also lose almost all trees in the>urban areas. You will also lose trees and some autogen items>in farm and rural areas. You retain for the most part houses>and buildings in urban areas and most of the trees in forested>areas such as in the mountains. >>This was too much of a "hit" for me. It does boost frame rate>in urban areas though, so it may be what you're looking for. There are alternatives to deleting the default.xml file if you want to lose the gas stations and keep the trees. I've got two at my website and I've seen a couple others posted here at AVSIM.I agree that losing trees in urban areas is unacceptable, but I don't really care about the gas stations, etc. so much. One of the files at my site will remove gas stations, fast food, transformers and a couple other things, but still leaves in the big factories and farm buildings, and of course the trees.http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41Matt

Yes, 3000 and 1500 works fine, but 1500 and 800 is very few....compared to the original of course, all im saying is that the more trees you reduce, the less polys the CPU has to render....the more FPS...:)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>To disable shader for FSX go to your FSX directory and open>display.cfg then search for your video card and add these>lines :>>Shader20Plus=0>UseShaders=0>>Seems that it will work, havent tried it yetMy 7950GX2 is not listed!!! So what now?

Guest sgalbincea

Yes, I have a 7800 GS that is not listed either.......where do I make this change?

Guest sgalbincea

>Under the top Nvidia listing in the display.cfg.>>dutton>http://dutton.fsblogger.com/This is what I have there...;**********************************************************************;; NVidia Cards;;**********************************************************************;----------------------------------------------------------------------; NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XP;----------------------------------------------------------------------[nv4_disp.dll]Disable=1[nv4_disp.dll.1]MinDriverRev=5.13.01.1241Disable=2Do I add the lines?

Guest sgalbincea

>I believe so, that is where I tested them and they worked. I>ended up not using this since my FPS was good already.>>dutton>http://dutton.fsblogger.com/Okay, I'll give it a go when I get home tonight and let you guys know what my before and after results are...

Guest Redvan

downloaded ATI Tray Tools and installed. Running side by side with CCC right now. I forced shader model 1 and FSX wont run full screen, but will in window mode... ? any thoughts as to why?

Those of you using Nvidia cards check out their driver web page. Although they have the same driver number the page says they have now been tweaked for FSX and are dated just a few days ago.Took my frame rates from 23.8 to 28.3 on the same test flight.Thank you, Jon! :-)FaxCap