Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The new Cat 7.10 drivers----WOW! Fantastic performance.

Does this driver version work with ATT (Ati Tray Tools) or will I need to use CCC? Also those with X1950Pro, this is the AGP version your using and seeing good gains?

Eric 

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Could you please state if you are using WinXP or Vista as OS ?I'm still using 7.1 as all the newer driver I've tried with XP gave me worse performance, so I'm into the impression that the newer drivers (after 7.1) are actually Vista optimized.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

I'm using the PCI-E version (256 MB) part. I am using the CCC and all features run from that. They might with ATI tools, but I can't tell you from experience.I'd try running the driver suite from the embedded CCC first though.Mitch

George, that was true. I had worse performance in anything past 7.1's...BUT..that is ended now. I run XP Pro, and the 7.10's are the BEST drivers I have seen to date. I mean...since going from nVidia to ATI.You will see the new features as well. Don't hesitate, you'll love the visuals, and might pick up a few more FPS as well.Mitch

Thanks for the heads up Mitch, I'll give this a run later on my X1950pro too. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi Guys,Strange during the install of the driver 7.10 it will tell me there is no compatible card in you're system, program will now exit..........But why?I hava a Laptop:Intel T2400 1.84 dual-core Ati Mobility Radeon X1600I now have the Omega 3.8.413 drivers installed. But why can't I install the really drivers from ATI??????Regards,L.Jim

You're not going to like the answer...:(Even though your video sub-system is from ATI, you still need to get your drivers from your manufacturer.I have the ATI 700 series in my Think Pad T40, but can only use older drivers from Omega, or the latest from Lenovo/IBM.Lap Tops are like that. If they (your manu) create a set of drivers based on the Cat. 7.10's, then you're in, supposing that they utilized the full features of the drivers!Mitch

Mitch - Can you do a screenie of your CCC 3D configuration??Bruce

Bruce, here is my 3D config starting from TOP to BOTTOM:SmoothVision HD:Anti Aliasing:Temporal A A checked: ONLevel 6X----------------------------------SmoothVision HD Anisotropic Filtering:High Quality AF Box check ONPer Pixel Sample: 16X-------------------------------------Catalyst A.I. Set to full right ADVANCED.-----------------------------------MipMap Detail Level: set to full right QUALITY.----------------------------------------Wait for Vertical Refresh: Set to always off (as I have an LCD screen, and not needed)------------------------------------------------------Adaptive A.I.:Enable Adaptive A.I. box checked as ONQUALITY to full right and SUPER SAMPLING as highlighted.---------------------------------------------There it is...:)Cheers,Mitch

Jim, the name of your manufacturer is/should be on your notebook.For instance mine shows IBM, others will show DELL, Lenovo, Acer, HP, etc.Look at your User Manual. It will identify the manu and most probably will give you an URL to download and/or check for latest drivers, etc.Mitch

I'd suggest that if you are happy with what you have, then perhaps stick with the current ones.You could go to the Asus Website and see if they have an updated/new driver set for your system.But, Jim, if you are unfamiliar with removing present drivers, etc...then it would be a wise thing to just keep things as they are.This whole thread won't help you, because you will not be able to access the Cat 7.10's from the ATI homepage.One final thing...perhaps a Service Rep from Asus might be able to answer all your questions about upgrading your system and guide you through it, if he/she deems it necessary.Mitch

Hey Paul, I just got your email.Paul, one can take a screenshot, but...and this is a big 'but'...the PROBLEM inherent with screenshots if you wish to compare your system with another, is that unless you see FS9 or FSX running on the system you want to compare with and having THEIR system creating the shot/pause, etc, you will STILL only see what your system (your monitor, its resolution, and your graphics card) will produce. You won't in fact really be seeing what the other person's system is rendering, and then there is the loss of quality in JPG, etc.Do you follow what I am saying? Your system will be the one that is truly 'displaying'.The screenshot that is sent to you will be displayed on YOUR OWN system, defeating what you had in mind.If you want to see the Samsung 245B, I recommend that you take your system (box) to a BESTBUY, etc and then hook up to the monitor on display. Run it then at 1920x1200 and you will see what YOUR system can display whilst using that monitor. That is, if I follow what you had hoped for. If you only wanted me to blast a screenshot of let's say over Detroit, etc, I could still do that for you, but it won't really give you the results I think you want for comparison.Mitch