Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix 1

Subject: "RE: Tracking CDU Crashes for PSS, crash

Looks to me that Bo is listing what could be done in the future to put the PSS T7 at the very top of the flight simulation realism ladder :). Some things on his list are already available for a good deal less than the 20 million Euros real world simulator. But I'd like one of those, too, please!Jim Harnes

Pete,I believe that the FPS issue was caused by a third party DLL in the Modules folder (dsd_xml_tcas.dll). If you remove it all is fine on my system again. :-)

Graeme Butler

Sorry if this has already been covered since the current patch information was released, but will ADF2 be fixed?

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

That's quite a list. With these improvements and the new 757 hopefully released to a similar standard, PSS will be back in the front rank of addon developers where they belong.The complainers who say only PMDG or Level-D can do a proper 777 will have to eat their words.If only the people who complain so much knew how many defects usually arise on each new full flight simulator (often many hundreds) they would appreciate just how well you guys have done with the extremely complex and sophisticated 777.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

>3. The upper EICAS display should have three engine instrument>readings there: EPR, N1 and EGT. This may be subject to>airline preference though.>>Thanks, BoAs the PSS 777s are all GE90 powered, there is no EPR indication. You'd only see that on PW4000 and RR Trent versions. The RR Trent version would also have N3 on the lower EICAS engine screen.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

I do confirm that the culpritwas the darmn DLL.I have had the problem, and don't now where I did get this DLL...Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Impressive list. There are many points I didn't even have noticed.On the other side I am astonished not to find things which annoy me frequently:- the much too early turning before waypoints (or "disappearing waypoints") and incorrect following of Sids.- the not any more working buttons on the Fmc-cdu. You have to play around for a minute to make them work againGuy

Guest NormanB

Guy,If buttons are not working make sure you have started from the default flight.Early turns are addressed.

Norman,Thanks - I had asked about this earlier and not had an answer....

Thanks for the answer, Norman.I always start from default flight.The buttons work normally in the beginning but then later on ,during cruise for example, in the middle of a change they quit working. You have to play around with them by pushing one after the other to make them work again.This is frequent and I have seen it signaled also by other persons in this forum.Guy

I have also seen this. Also applies to the buttons that change the lower EICAS display as well. I find I sometimes have to click on a button several times before it responds.Also, has the clock night bitmap problem been fixed, and the text missing the 'green' backlight at night without floods?Oh, and while I'm here, what about the load editor with cargo load editing available that was "near to release" back in January?

Guest Knikolaes

The FMC is an easy fix. And i already know what your issue is. It has to do with computer memory. This happens to me only at airports that are add-ons such as Imaginesim or FlyTampa with lots of AI. To fix this, click the button on the FMC you want, close the FMC and reopen. It will be on the page you requested.If you have the same issue I am, basically it's the LSK and page select buttons that do this? Yet you can enter data in the scratchpad without issues? if so, then what I just described above is indeed the fix as it is a memory issue at high density airports in your sim. Unless you have a computer with seriously low memory, you won't have this issue at default airports or low density areas that are not memory/graphics intensive.I never reported mine because this is not a PSS issue, but rather system related. Hoping when I rebuild my machine this fall it will fix the issue for me :-)This theory was tested using my roommate's computer and my own. We both have the CD-ROM version of the PSS 777, megascenery NC, megacity SF, ActiveSky v6 and Flytampa KSFO. We set up under PRECISE circumstances. His computer is much better than mine (I built his, too). Note we are running the EXACT same installs of FS for this test. I had issues with the FMC in this area -- he did not.We both then loaded out 777's at our home airport of KPUB -- default airport with no ActiveSky, and the only add-on scenery present was FS Genesis terrain elevation and UT USA with all features activated. We turned weather off and also no traffic. Then we set up the FMC's with the EXACT same flight plan and procedures we used at KSFO -- I had absolutely NO issues, and our set-up time was precisely the same as before.This was the only time we time tested next to each other, but since then i have tested in and out of KDCA (Cloud9) with Megascenery MidAtlantic, and had the same issues. Then went to another random default area and again had no issues.Has to be computer and/or graphics memory on this part, as with these tests and circumstances there is no logical reason at all to assume it is the PSS Bird. And looking at the forum it appears VERY few of us have this issue.

Thanks for the information.I don't think it's memory related, because it works again after some simple playing around.And even if it was memory related, it must still be a Pss problem, because I have no such problems with the FMC's of my other high-end add-ons.Guy

Guest Knikolaes

Aye, well it is just a theory based on the experiment me roommate and I did to troubleshoot the issue. Either way, I found that without the need to play around too much, just closing and reopening the FMC immediately after pushing the button you need brings up the screen requested. Hope that at least helps.

>Sorry if this has already been covered since the current>patch information was released, but will ADF2 be fixed? Hi mate Theres nothings wrong with ADF2 , it wasnt modeled to begin with . great news on the patch , looking forward to it , will the CRS 000 be fixed in APP mode ( go on say it , get your own back .. it wasnt modeled lol ) plus also the clock lighting at night ? Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.