Sign in to follow this  
Guest CS-THV

What would you like after the 757?

Guest mrkgr

Good evening, A few hours ago I was playing bowling and as I was waiting for my turn, I was thinking about exactly this kind of poll! How to nice to be back and find it exists!Well, let's get on the subject. My vote would go for the Airbuses, which I still happily fly. BUT, in order to be realistic (at least in my point of view) the airbus family is coming from 2 other respected devellopers. Obviously, what ever you will start producing right now will be released near FSX. At that time, the 'buses from PMDG & probably Feelthere will be released. As we are in a time that I feel most customers look for quality add ons, and since Boeing & Airbus are mostly covered (733-739, 744, 763, 777, 757 on the way, same for 'buses), my vote will go for:1. Avro RJ / BAe 146 series2. Dash 8 seriesThere aren't any around (payware level with FMC and staff - except dating 8-300) and they will cover a market segment that is currently uncovered. Thanks for asking us and showing appreciation to your customers' opinion. Marinos KlourasAthens, Greece

Guest Steve Keating

Too many Airbuses!Too many Boeings !My vote goes for the BAeAvro 146RJ seriesSteve

An A330 is ideal because it can be used for medium and long hauls. The others are buliding A320's and there are quite a few diferences between the A330/340 and the 320 series.The only caveat is that the model and VC is as good as the 777 and the systems much more comprehensive than the old PSS Airbus Series, including all of the correct cockpit audibles, FBW and flight envelope protections.System failures would be nice but they probably double the amount of work needed.Sorry to go on.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest IFC2

Well, I don't know, it's just the same thing all the time here guy's, either a Boeing or an Airbus, good grief !how about a quality BAe 146 / AVRO 100, now this would make a change from the normal every day typical types that we all have, obviously people are not aware that these planes are not just short haul, and can in fact fly quite an impressive range, and they are fully loaded electronically speaking, with all the bells and whistles that you would expect in a Boeing or Airbus.everyone seems to be making either a 757/767 or a 777 at the moment, talk about lack of interchangeability of the virtual hanger.the only other good quality 146 we had was the Aerosoft version, now that was quality, along with their A300,ATR72 etc, but, they are very much dated now.but what an impressive performance history they have, and the take off and landing stats are equally as impressive too.time for something different guy's.

Guest ags

A series of E-Jets (170, 175, 190 & 195) is what we lack I think. These are getting more and more popular, and are still without a quality FS depiction (I know there is a Dreamfleet model available, but it's still without the panel). That would be something truly unique (as we have the T7 by PSS and we're going to have one from feelthere, 757 by LDS and PSS are on their way too, PMDG is developing and Airbus fleet while there is one from PSS - a bit old, yet still). So an E-jet would be an excellent choice - you'd satisfy numerous simulation enthusiasts by releasing the first E1XXs on the market ;)

Guest mao1968

totally off topic... deleted

1) Other B777 variants (200ER, 200, 300). Shouldn't be a lot of code to change from one version to another, should it?2) A320. As above, reworking and/or updating your older packages might be faster than starting anew. There are no real A320 packages for FS2004, in my opinion people are dying for it.3) Embraer 170-190.So with the exception of my third suggestion, I'd say you already have much of the development in place. And I don't think you'd be stepping on any other developers toes by doing these; PMDG has an A320 scheduled for FSX... Wilco has a non-PIC 777ER.- daniel

B717: it has the wonderful shape of the MD-80s and the modern FMS of the MD-11s, and it's short to medium flights.BAE-146/Avro RJ: great plane, except of Eurowings (outdated and incomplete) and the BAE Project (still a long way from being finished) there's nothing for FS.Do-328/Do-328 Jet: STOL (which is rare in FS), beautiful and nobody has delivered a complete plane for FS so far (and there's nothing complete on the horizon, EaglesoftDG won't do the FMC for their 328).And, in addition, a complete DH-8-400.Andreas

Norman,Absolutely agree that a BAe 146/Avro RJ has to be first choice. Ideally with a choice of analogue and electronic displays (but definitely analogue at least). It must have a functional thrust management system (central to operating a 146 properly). With a fully functional FMC too.The 146 is so different to any other airliner flightdeck it would make a most original simulation if done well. It's a real pilot's aeroplane, very rewarding to hand fly. There are too many Boeings and Airbuses around or soon to be released.Second choice would be a Fokker 70/100 (Project Fokker does a good job, but no FMC and the EFIS/MFDS is very limited).Third choice a Fokker F.28 (with classic liveries). I don't think anyone has done a decent version of this type.As well as a new aircraft, how about an update to the PSS Airbus A320/A330/A340 gauges, with correct flap/slat retraction speed for Flap 1+F takeoff (should show slat speed (S), not flap speed (F)).Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

BAE-146/Avro RJ gets my vote.In particular the analog flightdeck 146!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I am guessing there is a bunch of BAE-146 operators in Europe? Hardly see any here in the US. Don't (IMO only) think this would be a big fav in the fs community.Edit: Just checked..only 4 operators in the US (United Express, Mesaba, Northwest Airlink and one other tiny feeder operator)Really not a lot of operators in Europe anymore either due to the age of this plane although there are more over there than here in the US.Eric

Eric