Sign in to follow this  
MM

PREPS Thread #1 (PREPS, Scouting and Chitchat)

Mariehamm, Finland EFMA.VOR 114.70Rwy 21 (200*) ILS 110.90 NDB 392.0Rwy 3 (20*) (Backcourse) 110.90Lights on runway.Low hills to the north (but not a factor on normal approach. (Using FSG mesh)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Latest METAR for EFMA:EFMA 191920Z 08003KT 5000 BR OVC004 M01/M02 Q1011 0341//61Fog, overcast.

Hi Guys, Gals (?)Any takers for the next leg EFMA-UMBB?If not, I'm game :)And this will be my last leg for tonight (if I get it). My back is killing me, and so is my modem - just spent 15 minutes downloading weather :(I'll check in here at 2130z. If the guys were very fast and the baton is free, don't wait for me. Also, this modem-s**t might give up on me completely!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi allChecking in a but early - and I see mr. Murphy is still with us...:-mad I think we should allow people to post their request to fly a leg in the main race thread. That way it becomes a one-stop for current and next flight. What do you think?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

A quick question. If you fly wingman for a leg, but the primary pilot completes the leg, are you eligible to fly the next leg? Vicious

A few trees both sides of runway but not a hairy place at all.I never knew the aurora was in FS!

...Or is the race Routing thread a better place ?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

It is a payware thing (*VERY* nice though) from the Wings of Power series by Shockwave Productions.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

i must say: i was a bit frustrated there...reading that 2 (!) of us didn't make it to UMBB...but then: #### happens...it could have happened to any of us...it's good it happened so early...the whole race still in front of us...let this console them a bit...so: i won't fret about them but look forward...the abominable "mr.murphy" will pay a visit to our opponents too...of that i'm sure...those crashes will keep us on edge in the future and make sure we keep an extra eye on staying alive ;-)and now for the weather at UMBB:Wind: 170 True, 4 KtsVis: 4002 Meters, 2 SMClouds: 700 ScatteredPrecip: NoneTemp: -2C Dew: -2CPressure: 1009,00 mb, 29,80 inches...soooo i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

sure are nice pictures! i flew that leg too (all by myself and with time acceleration) but i didn't see such nice weather...probably because i used time acceleration...didn't waste too much time with looking either ;-)

one second i thought i'd fly a leg...surely they must have landed by now...and then i refreshed and saw: they landed and two (!) others had grabbed the baton for the next leg...never seen such fast baton-grabbers before!...;-)it's past 3 o'clock in the morning here in Bremen, Germany...i don't think i'll wait for the next baton...

Taking off from Turkey still in darkness:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142508.jpgLeaving Turkey and crossing over Cyprus:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142509.jpgEntering Israel and crossing to the West Bank:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142510.jpgScreaming down the Dead Sea at near 400kts under sea level (altimeter in photo was properly set) and landing at minus 1200ft:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142511.jpg

It was really nice weather holding at the runway and waiting. But by the time the baton was freed a thunderstorm had come up. As I reached 8000ft, the plane was tumbling like a leaf - literally. Turb factor 4, Weatherset said, and of course I busted the altitude for a few sconds... In the end I had to hand fly her thru the storm, the autopilot should have disconnected by itself. The weather cleared, for few minutes, but then at it again. I think I was almost halfway before I could re-engage the autopilot. Calm...yes, before the storm.I had terrain on the GPS (I don't have TAWS), and so I could see the mountains ahead were too high. I had to turn SE where I could see a valley that just possibly might get me to OISS. Handflying again, zi-zag thru the mountains... Man, I had my share of airmanship challenge on this leg!I do have screenies, but they will have to wait until my ADSL gets fixed. Good luck to you all.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

I was on your wing for that run on the team speak server. Alex was flying with me as well and he scouted the terrain ahead and guided me through it. Your right though between the Pea Soup Terrein. But more on that in my PIREP which i'm gona do on a seperate flight as it was my first ever :-)