Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Team AVSIM 2008 Roll Call

I'm in! I got a TrackIR device at last, so this time I'm determined to cut some corners. Enough of flying the pattern.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Welcome to the new guys.I was new 2 years ago and was warmly welcomed. I did not get to fly that much that year due to a plumbing crisis. Last year was a great time. Had a blast. I will try to get together some links for the Duenna program and be around if anyone needs some assistance.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Spazzz

PRESENT,Won't be available near as much as I was the last few years. I have a new job and February is our worst months given how short it is. Still I plan on being as Availible as I can be.

Hi all,Checking in. I'll try to make some time this race. last couple of years have been pretty busy. Been coaching football. Lots of time, plus work and all.Happy New year everyone,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Captain L

I am here and looking forward to this year!Happy New Year Guys!!!!Captain LLucas

Hello team,Just checking in to say that TS server will be up and running at the very least. As for FSHost...I don't know yet. Might put both on my laptop during the race.My interest in flying has declined steadily and I haven't started FS in months. Might go back to FS9 when I upgrade later this spring.Basically the addons I used had issues that never got resolved and impacted what I loved to do. This and the crappy framerate in FS finally put me off.Doubt I'll be doing any flying.

Speaking of services, I should also be able to get the Shoutcast server back up and running shortly before the race start....I'll assume there isn't a FSHost that runs on Linux?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Spazzz

NOOOOOOGazer I for one hope you reconsider. I think the loss of your experience from the team would be a fairly big blow.

Good to hear from you, even if was not the message I (and the team) was hoping for. I have to agree with Vince, this will be a serious blow.That being said, I fully respect your decision, but will reserve my right to try to persuade you :)I must admit, I have been thru the same phase, but then came Mike Kopack and his USA race. That was really fun, and really kicked some life back into my flying interest - especially after I decided to drop FSX and go with FS9! It's just better IMHO, and I think it will be a good idea for you to do the same. FS9 may not be as pretty, but it's a platform that delivers!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Gazer,Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you may not be participating.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Jan,Hope you will reconsider. Your warmth and good cheer is what kept our team together the last two years. What will we do without the musical interludes?If you can only contribute a limited flight schedule, you could surely take on a role as team coordinator and team flight planner...Your choice, of course. But we'd all love to have you on board.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi all . I have booked the week off work for this years race :) . Great to see the team taking shape . A warm welcome to the new guys . Please feel free to join in the practice sessions . The baton posting practise and setting up of your flight sim incl the Duenna is Invaluable before the race . I guess once we have a main server dedicated things will kick start properly . Lets get the party started :) look forward to seeing you all online very soon Bry

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

I'm in! Sorry I've been awol for a bit... the holidays got pretty nuts and coming back to work after New Years hasn't been much better. I'll definitely be involved in the RTW this year, but will probably have to stick to the weekend + evenings (east coast) this time around. I'll be happy to orchestrate and taskmaster for the opening team event like I did last year...Any clarifications yet on whether the Shockwave ** P-51D/H will be allowed this year? I've heard rumors that they were going to ban it..--Mike

Guest guyjr

Count me in for late nights & weekends, EST. I followed the race last year while chatting with 2002cbr600f4i online, but didn't have the time to commit. New baby in the house this year, so even less time, but dangit, it's a great way to fly with fellow flightsim pilots online, plus I usually can fly from around 11pm - 1am during the week, so hopefully that'll help too.I'm working on getting my rig up to speed this weekend and will get to practicing with y'all soon.--Guy

Welcome to the team Guy. Good to have you with us. Jeff Williams

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png