Sign in to follow this  
arrvoo

2008 RTW Practice #8

I'm going to toughen things up a bit by starting a practice session across the continent of Africa. There are a lot of difficult airfields that have no navaids, are unlit with difficult runway surfaces. I'm not going to plan an exact route but i suggest we do roughly 200nm legs and choose as difficult airports as possible and at night time if possibleI'm going to start it in Gibralter LXGB and then work south.

Harv.png?dl=1

I descended through a massive thunderstorm, that threw me all over the place. The autopilot couldn't cope with it at all and had to hand fly it till i was through.Runway was in complete darkness and couldn't see it til about 2 miles out. Landed with no problems, but this was really testing compared with the majority of airports we've done up til nowhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184845.jpg

Harv.png?dl=1

If that's the Shockwave P51H then you have to switch fuel tanks as you go. Shift 7 brings up the fuel tank selector panel.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

and make sure you have enough fuel before you start your flight.Forgot to do that during a practive run from Inverness to Vagar yesterday and had to ditch, oops.

In the Bearcat.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

In Beech Air King 350 on Arrvoo's Teamspeak & Jwenting's FS Multiplayer.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Check your network settings, especially port routing. I can't connect to my own server when you're on it :(

better target than DAAN, which has no lights at all. No way to distinguish the desert floor from the sky it hits you in the face.

I am out now.I am behind two routers until 18 Feb. One of them is out of my control. Some of the others have problems when I am on, others not.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Jeron - are you on the same LAN as your server when you can't connect? I hear that is an issue from Jan. Not sure if you have experienced it with other on your server or not.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro