Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

Guest dykesc

Nuclear engineer working in management at a nuclear power plant.Age 55Private pilot - Instrument rating

Guest Herrie

There are more provinces in the north of the Netherlands than Fryslan. I am sorry. Can't speak a word of Frysian.Herrie

In "Real Life", I fly a Lear 45 for a corporation. I'm also qualified in the Sabreliners, Challengers, Hawkers and most of the Citations. Simming is somewhat of a busman's holiday. I get a real life perspective on scenery which I usually try and duplicate for whatever home airport I am living close to.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest bunchie

I'm a Medical Electronics Engineer involved with maintenance and repair of lasers and general x-ray equipment, covering private clinics and the NHS in the UK. ( in fact I'm off to Boston US for 2 weeks training on May 8th.... Yeah, I know... what a drag!)The job pays well enough to indulge in flying for real and I have 115 hours on the trusty Cessna 152 and Piper PA28 combined. I took the plunge and gained my IMC rating... a sort of watered down IR.. just the job for the inclement British weather!Simming is by far too big an obsession, thank God for a tolerant Fiance!All the best, Stu.

Guest Camsdad

:) Actually we own 2 large ocean freighters and our Supply Chain solutions uses countless others. How many shipping departments actually use ships? :) Bartender please cut him off:)I'm hoping to make the AVSIM conference in San Diego this year. My mom was born in the Balboa Naval Hospital right near the museum. It's been a long time since I have been there.Next conf suggestion would be Wright-Patterson AFB. USAF Museum would be a great location.

Dairytechnician, but I am at home at the moment, since I just got my left hip replaced, so at the moment I have a LOOOT of time for simming.:D

ldsigcr2.jpg

"My mom was born in the Balboa Naval Hospital right near the museum."So was I.. :)

Guest Scott

This too good a topic not to check in!I've been 48 years on this rock. Been building and preparing professional Stock Cars for 25+ years and Im getting tired! LOL! Currently building bodies for a NASCAR truck team, and rebuilding Old Jeeps and makin panels in my spare time!Been simming since 98 and have been panel building just about as long.Oh yea.....and a perpetual Student PilotScott http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/114783.gif

Guest Akflyin

Hi Everyone,Nice Topic. :0)I grew up in Alaska in the aleutian islands during the days of Reeve Airways DC-3s, DC-6s and Lockheed Electras. After High school, I joined the Coast Guard where I did HU-25 Falcon Jet Dropmaster duty at Airstation Sacramento then got into the C-130 Program as a flight engineer with tours at Airstation Kodiak and Airstation Sacramento. After 18 years in the Aviation Branch I am now retired at 43 and now live in Anchorage Alaska where I turn wrenches on Beech King Airs and a Beech 1900 for the Air force. I have been flightsimming since FS5 and can't believe how far the hobby has gotten since the days when I would have my bedroom floor all set up as a major airport using Lincoln Logs, legos and all the pretend planes that I could get my hands on as a 7 year old...Fly safe allDave in Alaska

Greetings,My name is Leon Seale and I'll be 52 in a couple of months. I'm a graduate of the University of Alabama (ROLL TIDE!) with a mining engineering degree, and I've lived in Lakeland, Florida for 23 years. I am blessed with a wonderful (and tolerant) wife of nearly 32 years, two beautiful daughters, and two incredible granddaughters. I work for a large phosphate mining company and spend my work time alternating between plant management and process engineering. I'm often asked what phosphate is used for, so for the inquisitive among you - the very short version is that the elemental phosphorus in the phosphate particle is concentrated by acidulation with sulfuric acid to produce a granular component of fertilizer. It's the 'P' in the 'NPK' description of fertilizer.As a military dependent for the first 16 years of my life I lived in a host of states, as well the orient. My father was an Air Force fighter pilot (and is still flying) with combat tours in Korea and Viet Nam, so I grew up surrounded by all things aviation.I currently own and fly a Cessna 120 (an heirloom Dad purchased 49 years ago) and a Cessna 206, which we used for mapping photography a number of years ago.I've been in the Flight Safety simulators a couple of times, and I can assure you that we are privilege to something special with Microsoft's flight simulator efforts. Let's hope they continue.Leon

Guest GLBatRIC

Greetings, I'm 59 and live outside of Richmond, VA. Have been simming since SubLogic days in the '80's. I retired in 2000 after 30 years as a Forensic Scientist. I now get to teach middle schoolers about science and math, sometimes about the joy and marvel of aviation and flying. Great to learn here about so many of my generation's involvement in our passion as well as those younger and older.Gary Burleigh

Guest Waltm

Hi all,I'm 47 and work from home as a freelance web designer and computer graphics artist. Lucky for me, what makes for a good multimedia PC workstation also serves well as a flight simming platform. Defintely helps when it comes time to convince my better half in the necessity of upgrading my hardware. ;-) I've been flight simming since 1984--I think--when a 747 sim was available for the 0.6 MHz/64 KB Tandy Color Computer 2 (two color, wire frame action with scenery consisting of a single runway, checkerboard grid, a pyramid-like mountain, and a lake). Things have come a long way. :) -- WaltFlying FS9.1 at 1600x1200x32Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20GHzWindows XP Pro SP21GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PEDirectX 9.0cViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT MonitorSound Blaster Audigy2 ZSCreative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 SpeakersMS ForceFeedback 2 joystick

I'm 59 (I can't really believe how fast time flies) and I sell Telecommunications equipment. I have been living in South Africa for quite some time then came back to Cyprus remarried, house, kids the full catastrophy again. Loving it though I have 2 wonderful children now age 10 (boy) and 5 (girl) that keep me busy and young. I love "flying" and meeting wonderful people like all of you.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

My pleasure. I have worked whole nights on it to get rid of ONE BYTE to much in a program! But I have learned programming (small programs are fast programs), not to connect black boxes to each other ;)hm

Ah...you work for Evergreen!I spent 20 years working for P&O then APL. Now work for DHL.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg