Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

10 years of Microsoft Flight Simming for me... How abou...

I'am early 80's myself. I even typed in a 200 line simulator for my Amiga. Got it out of a magazine. No nothing just a couple instruments and a landing strip. It was neat though. It didn't have a pause feature so I had to program it to look for a certain keypress and then stop 3 timers.JimCYWG

Guest atoepper

VERY early 80's. Tape based Sublogic Flight Simulator on a Radio Shack TRS-80!If you want to beam yourself back to the "golden" days go to: http://www.simpit.de/fs1.htmlBe warned, it's not pretty.Regards, Andreas

Myself, I had the Sublogic Disk version for I think my old ATARI ST back in the early 80's. Somewhere I still have the disks and an addon scenery disk also.I have bought every FS version since, and still enjoy using FS2004 every day I can.Drayton

Chris,didn't your PC have that 'TURBO switch' to run it at 8Mhz?CheersThomasJeez, now that you mention it, yes it did indeed. Thanks, wow that brings back some memories :-)Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Man, it sure was fun reading the replies to this thread! Brought back memories of when I was a kid (still am, just much taller and heavier - :-)). I fell in love with flight simulation in 1984 when my dad purchased version 2 for the IBM PC (SubLogic); it supported 8-bit color and sound. At school, I had a copy of FS on an Apple IIe (wire-framed version).I also had FS4, FS 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, and FS2002. I enjoy FS2004 but am looking forward to FS10!David

Guest apwright

I remember that Sublogic's FS II cost 40 pounds in the UK back in 1984 - when a pint of beer was about 70p IIRC. The beer's gone up threefold since then, but FS has remained about the same. How's that for value!!AdrianLGTS

Guest frosor

Fun thread that made me thinking.And look what I found between the diskettes with MS-DOS 5 and "Tornado": MSFS 5.0. Anybody who know when that came out? must hav been -92 or -93 I think, not long after I got my super-duper 386-40 with 4mb memory and a huge HD on about 120 mb ;-)... Those where the days...Frode

Wow...you know, I find it quite amazing how many folks have been using FS in some form or fashion for 10+ years...and are still involved!Great stuff......or else we have no lives ;)

Guest flight78

Started with FS98 got hooked ever since.Kind regards:Alexander

Guest Jimbofly

I started in 1989 with FS3. So that would make it about 16 years!Man I'm getting old :(James

I had seen what I believe to be FS4.0 on a friends computer in early 1992. He had a 486, which was way out of my price range at the time. So, FS 4.0 was my first actual exposure to Microsoft Flight Simulation. This same guy, then showed be a copy of FS5. It seemed day and night in terms of realism from FS4.0. I think it was 1994 when I saw the FS5. I did not actually buy a copy until FS5.1 came out in 1995.RH