Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Notes, FAQs and Troubleshooting

Jorg,KBD is activated on the FMC by pressing the hidden clickspot where MSG flashes up ocassionally. i've indicated the spot below. If click you do this the words KDB will come up with a Green Background in the bottom right of the keyboard screen. Basically ensure that the green KBD isn't showing on your FMC or the FO won't be able to do his job properlyFor most users this won't be a problem.http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/KBD.jpgHope your enjoying it!CheersJeremy

Guest pellelil

Hi Bryan,I see the same problem using an AVI X850 (AVI Catalyst Control Center 1.2.2314.20337). When the PFD/ND "are enlarged" clicking the compas does nothing, however when they "are small" clicking the compas works as expected. In the FS9 view/Instrument view I do find the "FS2Crew Main Selector" item and if I am in the "enlarged view" I can open the "FS2Crew Main Selector" via the FS9-View/Intstrument menu (however not via clicking the Compas).I never fly from the Co-pilot seat, but I just tested it and here I can't open the selector at all via the compas (don't know if its by design, but as I said I never use it - just wanted to let you know in case it has anything to do with it).http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Hello Pelle,One of my beta testers has made a fix that we're going to try. It appears that the issue may be associated with the original PMDG panel.cfg itself.This hardly a critical issue as the clickspots work provided the CRTs are set to normal size, and because it only seems to affect a few users.As mentioned, I cannot reproduce this issue on my system, but some other users can on theirs.When I release Update 1 for the PMDG 747 (probably in a few weeks once the dust settles) I will include the change to the panel.cfg.Cheers,Bryan

Guest pellelil

No its not a "show stopper" (it is only a minor issue), so no need to rush anything. Being a developer myself (perhaps you have even been using my software, FS-Interrogate) and as you can see from the banner I am not new to Beta-testing, so let me know if I can assist in any way.http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Guest rjrios

Hi Bryan,Thanks for the reply. After writing my initial reply I figured out what my problem was. It is really very simple, a rookie mistake even. When I loaded up the aircraft from a VA I fly with I didn't realize that this aircraft was set up in a separate folder from the rest of my PMDG 747 aircraft. So the panel.cfg in my main PMDG folder was not being used. Once I tried a different aircraft all was well.I now am looking forward to trying out your program. Thanks again for the great work!Rick

Bryan, just wanted to let you know I tested the clickspot in the zoom panel and it doesn't work for me either. Not a big deal as I fly from the VC, but thought any info you can get, could help.I'm running an ATI X700Pro with NGO v1.6.6 drivers. Let me know if you need any help testing that fix. I'm sure I'll be making a ton of short flights this week trying to get the FS2Crew flow down.

Pelle,The enlarged CRT panel and clickspot issue has been identified and fixed.It turned out really to be an issue at all.We just needed to add the FS2Crew entries to the panel.cfg section associated with the enlarged Capt's instrument panel.The source of this was a miscommunication between me and my beta testers. It wasn't a graphics card issue at all... It was a 100 times simplier than that :-)The solution is just to add the appropriate FS2Crew entries to the panel.cfg for the enlarged instrument panel.This will be incorporated in Update 1.In the meantime, please note the FS2Crew clickspots and the Performance manual will not be available when using the "enlarged" captain's panels.It's okay to enlarge the CRTs individually though on the regular size panel.Thank you,Bryan

Guest craigjjs

Great release. I love it.Is it me or are the pushback directions reversed? I click "left" and the tail goes "right".CraigJJS

I have the ATR and Level-D 767 versions of Fs2Crew, and i would just like to say that i love them and think that you are doing a great job.I have just bought the PMDG 747 version of Fs2Crew as well, and I was kind of sorry to read about FsInn. And since i use FsInn regulary, i hope it will be fixed soon. But for now i will uninstall Fsinn.Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the conflict between Fs2Crew 747 and FsInn?And as asked previously, is there a list somewhere which sets out what the key presses used are?Keep up the good job guys.

Rúni B. Larsen.

Hello Runi,A beta tester reported the conflict with FSINN. FSINN can FS2Crew to crash.A similar conflict was experienced with the PMDG 737 Edition of FS2Crew, which I thought FSINN had solved, but I guess not.Watch the forums for news on this.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks for your reply, a few more questions.Do you know if this happens only if FsInn is started and in use?Or if it will also happen while not started, in that case forcing me to uninstall it?It would be nice if i could keep it installed so i could still use it for other planes.One more: Do you know if this is for all versions of FsInn, or just a specific version?Once again, thanks for replying. And keep up the good work, i love your products.

Rúni B. Larsen.