Sign in to follow this  
Guest davewins

landing too easy??

I just fly 172s for now, i'm getting my ATP at delta conn academy...hoping to fly something bigger one day lol

Try the Areoworx B200 for landing! Out of all my add ons, I found it the most difficult to land. It'll float and screw you all up unless you do it just right.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest aarskringspier

>I just fly 172s for now, i'm getting my ATP at delta conn>academy...>>hoping to fly something bigger one day lol>>One forum its 182's another is F16's etc etc you sure do fly a lot of planes.

>>I just fly 172s for now, i'm getting my ATP at delta conn>>academy...>>>>hoping to fly something bigger one day lol>>>>>One forum its 182's another is F16's etc etc you sure do fly a>lot of planes.where did I say I fly F16s? I've said I've been in a turkish air force F16D in the back seat for a ride (twice actually)... I never said I fly them... get your stuff right kido. and I fly 182s, and also bonanzas as well, also mooney couple of times too

Guest kickin_chicken

My friend is a real life CFI and when flying on my flight sim, he complains that it is "so much harders than in real life".

i would recomend you get and payware addon called FSPassengers, it wont change any of the landing stuff, but it does add failures to your flying, so you actually have to do the runup and also keep checking all the instruments for any possible problems, for example while i was doing some bush flying in fs9, i like to work the vancouver, seattle, portland area and was flying the Carenado C206 which is the main plane i fly and i was crossing over the water into the san juan islands and noticed that the oil temperature was a tad high, nothing to panic, i kept flying and it slooowly crept up so i found a closed little grass strip on one of the island and decided i better put her down and when i did and shut everything off and ended my flight, the report that fspax gave me was something to the extent that a lot of potential engine trouble was avoided because the pilot spotted the higher than normal oil temp! its really cool, most of the time nothing happens, just like in real life, but all of a sudden a normal humdrum takeoff can be quite interesting when you loose an engine in a twin or something., to be honest its fspax that keeps me in fs9 and not going to fsx just yet.oh and another thing that fspax will tell you is what angle you landed at and what was your speed as well as you vertical speed in ft/min try landing and seeing if you can get it under 100'/min and less, if you do real well it says kiss, anywho i dont work for fspax, im just saying it will add a little visceral feeling into flying in fshere is a printout of my last flight doing a little feeder work for fedexFlight VI150 End of flight report Date November 12 2006Mode realistic - Flight already registeredFlight ID: VI150Pilot: Brian SommersCompany: VIVAAircraft: FedEx Feeder B1900C - Cargo VCFlight Date: November 12 2006Departure: 07h45 (15h45 GMT)Arrival: 08h34 (16h35 GMT)From: KEUGTo: KPDX - Portland Intl - UsaNbr of Passengers: 0Report:Flight Distance: 90 Nm Landing Speed: 90.94 ktTime Airborne: 00h40:08 Landing Touchdown: -55.4 ft/m (kiss)Flight Time (block): 00h58:22 Landing Pitch: 6.07

Ciao!