Sign in to follow this  
Guest PalmerFan4Life

How is Level-D compared to PMDG?

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Hey, Everyone!!! Im thinking of purchasing the Level-D 767 but i have some questions. Right now im flying both the 747-400 and 747-400F by PMDG. How does the Level-D 767 stack up against the PMDG 747 in terms of systems and realism? Regards,Ryan

Good question, one that's been asked here many times before. And basically the best answer I can give you is that both products mentioned are the two hottest items on the market (and have been for quite some time now) as far as realism and depth of system programming. You can't go wrong owning both aircraft. My biggest complaint thus far is that LDS did not expand on the 767, meaning to say that all they offer is a simulation of the 767-300, no freighter, no -200 and no -400. The PMDG 747 as you know offers the -F version of their -400 which is a plus. Both are of course very indepth simulations of their real world counterparts. The LDS 767 should give you similar performance as far as the 2D flight deck is concerned, but at the VC level I think the 747 is much smoother. If you have my setup however, the difference is negligible. On to the external model, both are very well crafted and both models are complete with wingflex, Posky models are great, but you know what these models are easily just as good. Now flight dynamics, and really I can't comment on these as I've never flown either type nor do I know any real world pilots that fly them. Both fly though as if their was some really careful programming put into each, I will say that I'm 95% sure that the PMDG 747 does not handle the same on the ground as the real one as it's very, very difficult to find the right amount of thrust to taxi it. Hope that helps.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Both developers are on the same level. PMDG my beat out Level-D for the simple fact PMDG has more products. Level-D only has the 767 to it's credit while PMDG has the 737NG, 744 PAX and Cargo, and the B1900 series aircraft.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Hey, Everyone!!!>> Im thinking of purchasing the Level-D 767 but i have some>questions. Right now im flying both the 747-400 and 747-400F>by PMDG. How does the Level-D 767 stack up against the PMDG>747 in terms of systems and realism? >>>Regards,>RyanAt least the same league but it's the best virtual aircraft system wise around the virtual block...In combination with FS2Crew and online :-)Be prepared to read a lot of stuff :-) but for the most wonderful journey ever made in FS...Most realistic 767 ever seen for FS.Andr

André

What Andre said !

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I have both the Level-D 767-300ER and the PMDG 747-400. Both are outstanding aircraft. The POH for both aircraft are over 200 pages and the level of detail is complete. Framerates are fairly similar for both products.You really can't go wrong with either aircraft.Tom

It is superb, and a dream to fly if you don't mind going a generation back from the 744 layout. As fs products the 763 has features I miss on the 744, and vise versa. The 763 vc is not as totally functional as the 744's, (fmc is a 2d popup only) but EVERY bit as immersive, in some ways perhaps more so. That's saying a lot considering it's an older product than the 744.The only downside is the sore spot wherever you kick yourself for waiting so long. The entire airline simming community can't be wrong :)regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest SilverCircle

It is at least on par with the PMDG. If you like the 744 and think that its depth of system modeling is what you expect from an add-on, you cannot go wrong with the 767.I would say that it shows even a little bit more attention to detail. These 2 products are the most advanced simulations of a modern glass cockpit airliner you can currently get for MSFS.For a Boeing-fan it cannot be "either or" - it must be both :)

PMDG and LDS are on the same level procedurally and in terms of aircraft complexity. I have PMDG the nod over LDS because I only fly in the VC and LDS uses 2D popups for the FMC & radio stack which I don't really care for. Also, PMDG models a virtual cabin as well as a few other eye-candy trinkets which I really do like. So, all-in-all PMDG takes their aircraft above-and-beyond just cockpit and flight dynamic accuracy. At the same time LDS put in integrated announcments, pushback and ground crews and a few other trinkets too! It is only the 2D popup that inches them down a fraction of a notch for me. If you are a 2D only simmer...there is ABSOLUTELY no difference in quality, accuracy and inginuityHowever, at the end of the day, no self respecting hardcore simmer should be without the LDS 767. The LDS 767 set the bar long before PMDG and companies such as Feelthere are still struggling to get to the LDS watermark, which is still the product by which all others seem to be judged. Interestingly enough, it seems that PSS has given up trying to get to the LDS watermark and has settled somewhere in-between Perfect Flight and PMDG. That should tell you that only an elite and dedicated few can touch LDS.This is my long winded thumbs up for LDS, go get it NOW! Are you still reading? I SAID NOW!!!!!