Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Countdown To Maddog 2006!

Because you keep posting addressing me... Point me to a link somewhere that shows this visual model in development. I will apologize after two years of waiting for a complete update that judging by the screenshots I automatically assumed it was more of the same, the Jet City model. But the fact still remains concerning the price and what you get for it...We all have different expectations I guess. :-roll

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest SilverCircle

>Ooh so there is a VC included with this package among other>things that PMDG and LVD has given us in the past??? :-eek >>I'm really sorry, it's really not just a 2D panel coupled with>a visual model for $45+... :-)You are COMPLETELY wrong, period.It is a complete package, compareable to PMDG or LVLD packages MINUS VC (which will be released as a free upgrade later). There is a model, very nice FDE, panel (with more features than most other airliners, except maybe the big 2), sound set (few airliner addons offer a better flight deck sound coverage than the maddog - it really includes almost *everything* sound-wise), panel state saving, load manager (very comprehensive), very detailed manuals and much more. If you take the lds 767 and remove the VC, you get about the same package.Yes, I would like to see a VC as well, but I can wait for this as long as it comes and will be available as a free patch (something I have no doubts about).This is the fact. Your argument that it is just a panel with a model is, plain and simple, wrong and misleading.

For the second time:http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1564Now to be clear, I can understand your concerns re: price, product completeness, etc., I really can.You take it way further than that with many of the statements you've made, going so far as to make things up to support your disappointment with a product you don't even own.That's what I take issue with.

Regards,

Brian Doney

"You take it way further than that with many of the statements you've made, going so far as to make things up to support your disappointment with a product you don't even own."O.K. whatever :-roll, I looked at that link above...Show me the various screenshots you referred to concerning the updated visual model... I found none looking through that thread.

FS2020 

Guest SilverCircle

>"A better comparision would be PMDG 744 and LevelD 763 (which>I also own both). MD2006 is in the same league.">>Chris said it best below, this is not even worth discussing...>:-roll Trust me, it is not only worth discussing, it's a fact. If you would remove the VC from the LDS, you get about the same package for a B767 as you get with the maddog 2006 for the MD-82.That addon is definitely playing in the top league. The only thing missing is the VC and this will be corrected.Whether or not it makes sense to release it w/o a VC and offer the VC patch later is worth discussing. I would say, no, but that's their decision and anyone who cannot live w/o a VC shouldn't purchase it now, wait for the upgrade and then reconsider.

It's forcing me to register in order to see the screenshots...I'll just apologize for the 'Jet City' comments I made above and be done with it. I have little to no interest in this product at this time to even bother with it. We'll see how it shapes up in a few months (price and all)...

FS2020 

I'll add my $.02Maddog 2006 is an amazing upgrade. Here on day 1:1. Tutorial ... detailed, well done, what everyone always yells for2. Liveries ... available, no waiting3. many many new features, weather radar, the whole procedural reality of an MD-80 ... at least from a "not a real pilot ... but has read all the AOMS I can find" perspective ... and if Stellan Hillmerby has tested it ... than what else can I say.4. Excellent flight model ... imho ... I love Espen's MD-80 but really don't like the nose down issues. These are two different aircraft .. different avionics, etc. Hard to compare.5. Thorough documentationPrice ... who cares ... not me ... I want the BEST MD80 I can get, loved the first Maddog 2004 and trusted Leonardo to do an excellent job ... which imho, they really did.For an MD-80 SIM ... I can't think of what's missing compared to the depth of LDS and PMDG (767, and 737-747 respectively). I think this package is on par with and ahead of both noted above in some respects .. of course it's NEW today (ex. weather and terrain radar, loading sequences (LDS has some of course) Virtual Cockpits ... well I don't like and don't use, so if you want one you're simply SOL. To NOT buy this because it has no VC is really over the edge I think, but every one has their likes and dislikes.Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I certainly agree with Brian D ... you can't really talk about this unless you own it ... if you don't like the price .. well don't buy it, but don't grouse about the price either ... this is a major major upgrade and these guys deserve whatever they can get. I hate the prices of new automobiles .. and the price of gasoline .. but when you need and want you pay.I believe everyone who develops this stuff for me ... Espen, LDS, Feelthere, PMDG, DF just to name a few, deserve a great round of applause from all of us!!!! I'm at FL340 in the middle of a flight from LGA to DFW in the new Maddog ... have to admit I needed the UG and tutorial to understand the new stuff. Absolutely great!!!!Bottom line, if you want an MD-80, FMS based avionics, with ALL the BELLS and WHISTLES, relative to the "gold standards" of PNDG and LDS, then this is it.Cheers to all. Paul BenoitKAPV

Guest mikealpha

>> Charge people $25 for a great 2D panel (and that's a bit high). Don't market this thing as a full product with comparable prices to PMDG's 744, that's highway robberyDillon, what's that for a weird calculation. Since PMDG 744 costs 55$, a whopping 30$ of it's values goes for the VC ? Whow, you must be a real VC lover :).Maddog 2006 is at similar depth compared to the PMDG744. Minus VC, but plus Multicrew module, weather radar, ...>> it's still a 2D panel with a Jet City freeware visual modelwhere did you read that ? There's a new visual model in the package.Mike

>Because you keep posting addressing me... >>Point me to a link somewhere that shows this visual model in>development. I will apologize after two years of waiting for>a complete update that judging by the screenshots I>automatically assumed it was more of the same, the Jet City>model. But the fact still remains concerning the price and>what you get for it...>>We all have different expectations I guess. :-rollI agree 100% with you Dillon.I have also waited for an update for the MadDog,...and what do I get except a slap in the face, and beeing laughed at behind my back with a "pay us 45 Euro looooser" message. :-rollI think those italians have gone insane...:-lol

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

I agree Paul,I bought it because I want to support good quality FS developers. The Maddog 2004 was very good after a few patches, buth the Maddog 2006 is in another league. Superb quality panel, systems and the documentation is first class.The VC is coming later in the year as a free upgrade, so why wait?If you are a serious simmer, then you will love it!

Graeme Butler

>If you take the lds 767 and remove the VC, you get about the>same package.>>Yes, I would like to see a VC as well, but I can wait for this>as long as it comes and will be available as a free patch>(something I have no doubts about).>>This is the fact. Your argument that it is just a panel with a>model is, plain and simple, wrong and misleading.>Wrong here guys nothing justify for me this price scheme for a 2d panel without a VC ;-)I'm a system guy but a graphics one to in the real world I like to see out of the aircraft window too ;-)2d panel is something from the past imagine you are going back two a 2d scenery environment...No thank you ;-)It seems they haven't a decent 3d guy on board and I have had it with all those incomplete packages just release it as freeware ;-) or sell a complete finished package and well tested (problem it seems in our community)Not in the league of LDS not even near ;-) think of price package and features...Have fun guys but for me I skip it hard and fast ;-)Andr

André

>Wrong here guys nothing justify for me this price scheme for a>2d panel without a VC ;-)Everyone has his own ;-) preferences ;-) on what ;-) is important ;-) in a flight sim ;-)Some people ;-) may consider ;-) a functioning weather radar ;-) more valuable ;-) than a VC, ;-) while for others ;-) the opposite is true ;-).Marco

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

>>Wrong here guys nothing justify for me this price scheme for>a>>2d panel without a VC ;-)>>Everyone has his own ;-) preferences ;-) on what ;-) is>important ;-) in a flight sim ;-)>>Some people ;-) may consider ;-) a functioning weather radar>;-) more valuable ;-) than a VC, ;-) while for others ;-) the>opposite is true ;-).>>Marco>>Yep and they are entitled too Marco and just have fun with it ;-) I just expressed my opinion I skip it :-)Funny that you can sell a 2d panel for this price :-rollRemember all is done in the framework of FS9.Andr

André

......... anybody else having registration and/or lack of of support issues?