Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

150 fps on FS9 and FSX, on a P3-800!

This is one of those golden finds that comes along only once a decade or so in the simming world. Someone has written open source software which "intercepts" the machine language code of every day software and optimizes it on the fly. A typical algorithm of three or four hundred instructions can be reduced by a factor of four or more. The product is called "four-one". 4X speed and have no clue what the one means. I meant to post a link here, but the phone just rang so I have to answer it. But what a great find, eh? I am sure someone will google it in my absence.-John

Guest Zevious Zoquis

someone. But not me. :) Nice try...Posted on April 1/2007. ;)

. . . sorry - most of us are too busy loading up the new FSX SP1 John;( http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ ) Why don't you Google it yourself, when you finish your 'phone conversation - I mean - you have all the information - and then you can post it back here at your leisure. OK?:-beerchugRegards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I love it John... I think I've got an old 286 that with this fantastic bit of software engineering will finally be put to use again.PS. I just tried it and found that all of Chuck Dome's and John Loney's freeware aircraft are now up to the finest payware standards for hi res and photoreal VC's too... hooray for all!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I don't know what everyone's problem is.I run FSX on a Cyrix 266 (clocked at 233) with 32MB ram and a Voodoo1 (with 8MB!). And I get a constant 30fps (goes into the low 20's in places like New York and London). That's with everything maxed out.You guys just have to learn to tweak your systems.

I'm running FSX on a state of the art Olivetti typewriter and am getting a frame rate of 5,000 words/per minute. Is this good?ricardo

You know, I was actually just thinking about this the other day. Wondering what if some crazy genuis came out with a program that made our simulators run amazing on even the crappiest machines.

Hey, John:Don't forget to put out something for the Easter Bunny next weekend. He might bring you the speed-up application you are seeking.

LOL--loved yours and all the other comments. But my favorite 4/1 prank hands down was the one at Google today - I posted a link in hangar chat. Shared that with my wife this morning, and she was like "what, WHAT?"That said, we do have an Easter Bunny in the household for next weekend. Took my daughter to "Build-A-Bear" last weekend and she made a bunny for herself. Somehow the bunny has been showing up in the oddest places. I think I even found it in a simming session recently :)-John