Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Citation X fans...

I just saw a couple of more shots of the feelthere X on wilco's product page. Very small images but the VC and cabin don't look too bad. Those who want a good X like me may want to take a look. Wilco/feelthere haters please ignore this post.Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm curious to see if they put the time and effort into this add-on to make a smooth release. It would be a shame for them to have not learned their lesson.

It's hard to judge it by looking at the screenshots, but it looks promising.I think Eaglesoft is re-developing their Citation X as well or trying to make it at least FSX-compatible. Just thought I'll bring that up.Pat

Greetings all,Eaglesoft is producing version 2 of their Citation X.I'll wait for them.Happy HolidaysAndrew

>It's hard to judge it by looking at the screenshots, but it>looks promising.>>I think Eaglesoft is re-developing their Citation X as well or>trying to make it at least FSX-compatible. Just thought I'll>bring that up.>>PatFor those interested in updated information on our CX 2.0http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm

Hello Ron. Thanks for the link. I've been watching that page of the new X for awhile now. I have a question for you. But let me start by saying that there are many great things about your business jets products. I own your X version 1 and I own feelthere Legacy. Granted that the Legacy has more going on in the avionics simulation, your X, which is a much earlier release, still beats it hands down in many areas...for me especially the quality of the VC. I reinstalled your X recently and I was like "wow...this VC still looks top notch!" With that being said with respect, now I look at the shots on your X2.0 page, the VC and cabin looks almost identical to version1. I may not know the product well enough from inside out to say that's definitely the case. It just looks so to me. Since the V2.0 sounds like a completely overhauled product, I expect to see a much different and improved X from your (already excellent yet aged) version1. Now if the model and textures are very much alike version1, I am not sure how really completely overhauled it is. I look forward to the release of your X. It'll be a happy day for many of us.Best,Jason

Looks like Eaglesoft is improving the functionality of their FMS for the this release, that's a good thing.Jeff

>I think those pictures are from v1.0I took another look. I think you are correct.

Jason, thanks for asking. Actually our screenshots are in need of update and that will happen as we progress...Our CX2.0 is indeed a complete rebuild as outlined and we are confident that no user will be disapointed:-)

>Looks like Eaglesoft is improving the functionality of their>FMS for the this release, that's a good thing.>>JeffCompletly functional is indeed an improvement:-)

>Jason, thanks for asking. Actually our screenshots are in>need of update and that will happen as we progress...>Our CX2.0 is indeed a complete rebuild as outlined and we are>confident that no user will be disapointed:-)Thanks Ron. That's great news!Jason

I've looked at Eaglesoft for a long time but never purchased one, mainly because the systems modeling was not complete, especially the FMC. On the other hand I have the Feelthere Legacy and the systems modeling and FMC are done well. I imagine the Citation X will be no different.What will the new Eaglesoft one have in terms of systems modeling?Mike

>I've looked at Eaglesoft for a long time but never purchased>one, mainly because the systems modeling was not complete,>especially the FMC. On the other hand I have the Feelthere>Legacy and the systems modeling and FMC are done well. I>imagine the Citation X will be no different.>>What will the new Eaglesoft one have in terms of systems>modeling?>>MikeMike, the complete outline is listed here..http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htmEaglesoft CX 1.0 system modeling is already well known and CX.2.0 brings the systems to even higher level. For example: Our CX 1.0 APU is used in some real world Citation X training...We could go on and on but suffice to say that the list is comprehensive enough to inform folks about our efforts to provide what we feel is the finest Citation X 750 ever produced for Flight Simulation.Sorry for the "commercial" but we really do love the CX:-)

Right now, the FeelThere ERJ-145 and its cousin the Legacy, are the only FS add-ons that incorporate a fairly complete Honeywell FMS. So, at least at the moment, FT has an advantage in already having a good working FMS and associated AFCS. Will be interesting to see what EagleSoft brings to the table (and when).The FeelThere product will be for both FS9 and FSX (one price gets both). I wonder if EagleSoft is going to stick with the past practice of charging people twice, once for each version (FS9 and FSX)? For me, that will be a discriminator.Does anyone know if either the FeelThere or EagleSoft versions will have autothrottles? RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

They shouldn't have autothrottles, AFAIK the real CX doesn't have them. Eaglesoft keeps putting them in airplanes that don't have them which can be infuriating if you're trying to fly the darn things realistically, but thats a matter of preference I guess.

Bob, you should know the real CX 750 doesn't have autothrottle. Our CX 1.0 used autothrottle for simmers convenience only.A reread of our CX2.0 feature list will show that true FADEC and true VNAV is accurately modeled. The other publisher offers VNAV "advisory"??:-)There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim" version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and whistles". This would require a new FSX model and texture set to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for one" deal. If the other publisher chooses to claim dual sim version that is their business.Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages and allow users to choose which version they wish to own. Oh, almost forgot...Eaglesoft will offer Discount Coupons to current CX1.0 owners who wish to purchase either FS9 CX2.0 or FSX CX2.0.Hope this helps:-)

>They shouldn't have autothrottles, AFAIK the real CX doesn't>have them. Eaglesoft keeps putting them in airplanes that>don't have them which can be infuriating if you're trying to>fly the darn things realistically, but thats a matter of>preference I guess. Correct. The real CX does not have autothrottle. Our CX1.0 used autothrottle for simmers convenience only.A reread of our CX2.0 feature list will show that true FADEC and true VNAV is accurately modeled. Hope this helps:-)

Im excited about this plane. If it is on par with the Legacy, which I believe it will, it will be a must have add-on.MARCUS

>Im excited about this plane. If it is on par with the Legacy,>which I believe it will, it will be a must have add-on.>>MARCUS>I'm hoping it's better than the legacy since it's a later product. :)

Greetings All, I agree with with Marcus.And to tell the truth,IMHO Eagle soft derserves my buisness if not for anything else but their wonderful support which btw continues now even years after their release.Best regardsAndrew:)

I'm looking forward to Eaglesofts X. They always do a great job with great support

>Bob, you should know the real CX 750 doesn't have>autothrottle. Our CX 1.0 used autothrottle for simmers>convenience only.I seem to remember reading a year or two back that Safe Flight was getting a C-X type cert for their AutoPower aftermarket A/T.>There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim">version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and>whistles". This would require a new FSX model and texture set>to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for>one" deal. Agreed. But, that said, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what your competiton is planning, and has, in fact, already done with their Scarebus...the add-on will include two separate downloads, one for FS9, one for FSX. But both FS9/FSX versions of your competitor's Citation-X come packaged together in the two-for one deal, as you describe. >Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages>and allow users to choose which version they wish to own. OK, thanks for being honest, anyway. So, to paraphrase clearly, if I want to run it on FS9 now, and plan to upgrade to FSX later, I have to buy it twice. Understand why you plan on pricing it that way, but when the competition is selling both versions together for the same price, it makes it a bit harder to succeed with those sorts of marketing tactics.Good luck getting things to market.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob, no "paraphrase" to it....We said and meant that... "Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages and allow users to choose which version they wish to own." We've already said... "There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim" version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and whistles". This would require a new FSX model and .dds texture set with bump mapping, specular shading, and a number of other "tidbits" to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for one" deal." We can assure you and others that that is no small task....If the other publisher can afford to offer a true FSX model with FSX "bells and whistles" for no return on their skill and labor that is their business. Either way you or I state it, users are challenged with purchase decisions based on a fair assessment of the feature lists, actual features delivered, overall package quality, and of course product support and support forums, ecommerce delivery and refund options, etc.We will simply offer the finest Citation X 750 we can build and support, and rely on users to make their own intelligent assessment of what they wish to own:-)