Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Taking Multiple FS photos in same FS session?

I was looking at Rand Peck's latest flight photo journal (randsaviationphotos.blogspot.com) and thought it would be nice to do something similar in FS. For those not familiar, he is a Northwest pilot that keeps a journal describing his flights with some great pictures. It's almost as if you are on the flight yourself. His latest is a trip to Amsterdam with some great shots of the city. I have taken screen shots in FS9 while flying using PrintScreen, but this seems to only work one photo at a time. If you want a second shot, you have to pause FS, go to the desktop, open paint and save the picture, then return to FS to take another. Is there any way to take several shots within the same FS session without saving each one individually first? Thanks, Tom

Hi,There are several applications available, to name a few:- 'Snapper' by Michiel Overtoomhttp://www.ovosoft.net/snapper/- 'Snapshooter' by Johan Johannson (Salient Software)http://www.salientsoft.net/Both are freeware

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Personally I use fsscreen which you can find here http://www.simradar.com/File/2791/FSScreen_Version_1_1.htmlIt is a very rudimentary utility with no special settings or options. You simply press the Print Screen button on the keyboard and a fullsize image in bmp-format (hmm, I think) is saved in the folder of the program.Having said that I took a look at that Snapper program Egbert pointed too and I definitely have to give it a shot!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

> I was looking at Rand Peck's latest flight photo journal>(randsaviationphotos.blogspot.com) and thought it would be>nice to do something similar in FS. For those not familiar, he>is a Northwest pilot that keeps a journal describing his>flights with some great pictures. It's almost as if you are on>the flight yourself. His latest is a trip to Amsterdam with>some great shots of the city.> I have taken screen shots in FS9 while flying using>PrintScreen, but this seems to only work one photo at a time.>If you want a second shot, you have to pause FS, go to the>desktop, open paint and save the picture, then return to FS to>take another. Is there any way to take several shots within>the same FS session without saving each one individually>first? Thanks, TomI use FRAPS and it does video too. I have a payware version and have had it for years.BTW, thanks for that great link. It is a very cool blog.

. . .I think you're not setting PrintScreen up properly, Tom. I use it all the time and can take shots as fast as I can punch the ps key.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177197.jpg

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the info guys, and enjoy that blog site if you are new!:-) Tom