Sign in to follow this  
Guest Akflyin

Wing Tip exterior lights missing

Hi Guys,Hope you can help. I recently had to reestablish the FS9 path recognition into the registry with the help of the FS9 path restore utility. Everthing seems to be ok except I have lost the aircraft wingtip nav lights and strobe effects on the wing tips and fusalage. Not sure what happened but have tried everything that I know including a search of forum topics here at Avsim. No luck. Anyone here got any ideas?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

At a loss what the former has to do with the latter Dave, but be that as it may, which aircraft, all of them?You say all else is fine so I'm assuming your fs battery is not dead. On the further assumption that he aircraft in question does not use lights hardcoded into the model itself, then generally the LIGHTS section in any aircraft.cfg denotes which effects are used for nav, strobes, etc. All that's left is to ensure said effects are present in the EFFECTS folder.Hope this helps...?regards,Mark

Dave-Yes, which aircraft? All of them? That hardly seems possible unless you lost the textures that correspond to the LIGHTS section in the particular aircraft's cfg file.To find out, open an affected aircraft's aircraft.cfg file and scroll down to the LIGHTS section. It should look something like this:(LIGHTS) //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.1 = 1, 27.70, -0.01, -9.85, fx_beaconb ,light.2 = 1, 10.40, -0.01, 10.10, fx_beaconh ,light.3 = 2, -112.08, 0.00, 7.00, fx_strobe ,light.4 = 3, -112.08, 0.00, 7.00, fx_navwhi ,light.5 = 4, 98.5, 0, 4.4, fx_vclighthThe missing files would be the fx_beacon files listed there at the end. To see if you have them, open the EFFECTS folder in the main FS9 directory and look for the files with the same name. Let me know what you find out.Good Luck,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

I do not know why resetting the registry path either would effect this but start FS and check SETTINGS/DISPLAY/HARDWARE tab for the setting of the Hardware Rendered Lights slider and see if moving it up to 8 helps (if not already there).

Always check to see if the small Texture folder file containing the lights is still in the Effects folder.  This is easy to misplace when new aircraft are being installed.  It should be the first thing you see when you open the FS9 Effects file.  Don't ask me how I know this. B)

Don't ask me how I know this
OK... but how did you find this thread, 6 years and 5 days on? :lol:

Sadly, there wasn't one post in any thread that addressed this directly, yet there were many that had the problem.  I have since learned the value of backup files.