Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

Hi,i love the 9dragons... been away from fs too but geting back...i lived for 6 months in Chung King Mansions I cannot remember which block but floor 17..... and the queue for the lifts was terrible.... sometimes i used the stairs..... imagine.. 17 floors, stairs full of rubbish from all nationalities, 32 celcius and super high humidity.... that was in the late 80's - later i moved to Connaught Road West some 8-10 blocks west of the Macau Ferry terminal..... a very different area.. I haven't been to hk for maybe 20 years.. but looking at Google Earth, its all different now.Even Macau is super different.... another Vegas i hear.... I am curious about the Flytampa version? They make good scenery but does it better the 9dragons?Paul

Boy, this thread popped up outta nowhere, ha. We still get emails from simmers around the world who are just discovering 9Dragons. It's nice to hear many are still having fun with it so long after it's release. (Can't believe it's been nearly a year!)But by all means, if you are a true fan of Kai Tak then FlyTampa's version should be on your short list. Truly incredible work by Martin. Hopefully, we still provide a good alternative as a freeware version And let's not forget Jim Vile's version for FSX. (and who says we are just sitting quietly satisfied with our current version... ;) )

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Clutch - 9D is a tremendous alternative to payware! Even thought the FT version is amazing, from the videos I've seen of it on Avsim and elsewhere, I've been buying other scenery ahead of it simply because 9D is so darn good in its own right. And I'm very interested to hear that improvements might be in the works,too!Great job to you and the rest of the team.John G.

John G.

Guest yarvelling

>Boy, this thread popped up outta nowhere, ha. We still get>emails from simmers around the world who are just discovering>9Dragons. It's nice to hear many are still having fun with it>so long after it's release. (Can't believe it's been nearly>a year!)>>But by all means, if you are a true fan of Kai Tak then>FlyTampa's version should be on your short list. Truly>incredible work by Martin. Hopefully, we still provide a good>alternative as a freeware version And let's not forget Jim>Vile's version for FSX. >>(and who says we are just sitting quietly satisfied with>our current version... ;) )>>Well...it's the best thread to reply on; I wanted to exress my appreciation publically :) And that last line of your reply is most intriguing and exciting!!Cheers :)

He's up to something. There's no recessions in the FS world so you just keep on building!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Both are great. Had FT not released their version, I would have never wanted anything more than 9D.I can say that I am missing one thing with FT. I would love to see an AFACD that forces traffic to RWY13 like 9D had. Anyone know of a source?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>Both are great. Had FT not released their version, I would>have never wanted anything more than 9D.>>I can say that I am missing one thing with FT. I would love to>see an AFACD that forces traffic to RWY13 like 9D had. Anyone>know of a source?I do not have FT being more than happy with 9Dragons, but from the pictures I have seen FT supports traffic for IGS RWY13.Have you tried to set your winds at 136 degrees and 8 kts ?Peter