Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

>>Clutch,>>Will VHXX FMC data for the LDS 767 be available along with>the>>scenery? At the moment if I enter VHXX in the FMC I get "NOT>>IN DATABASE".>Hi jgoggi,>There is a solution but if you are not use to tweek file it>would be difficult. >First you should download the sid and star for the VHHX, from>Marc Hohenleitner's in AVSIM (vhxx_176532.zip).>rename the file VHXX.XML to VHHX.XML and place to FS9Level-D>Simulation navdata>Now on the same folder add the following line :>VHHX 22.316959 114.202621>to this file:>airports.dat>Also add the following two lines:>Hong Kong VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064000.0031600000>Hong Kong VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176000.0013600000>to this file:>WpNavAPT.txt >You have to set the freq 111.90 ILS course 088 on the>pedestal>We will soon release the procedure for leveld with Steve as>soon we finish it.>Hope that help.>Fabrizio****Fabrizio,rename the file VHXX.XML to VHHX.XML I think VHXX.APT to VHHX.XML ?For LAT/LONs for the airport and the runways for FS9 and FSX?Should it be the same for all scenery in use?On Level-D post it said the following, which may be incorrect, don't know:Still in your Navdata folder, edit the airports.dat file in Notepad.Immediately after the entry for VHHH, insert:VHHX 22.326667 114.168331(The order of entries IS important: they must be listed in order of latitude). Still in your Navdata folder, edit the wpNavAPT.txt file.This lists individual runways.Immediately after the last entry shown for Hong Kong, insert for runway 13:HONG KONG-OLD VHHX13 10930136 22.326667 114.191667000.0000000000 for runway 31:HONG KONG-OLD VHHX31 10930316 22.309570 114.209178000.0000000000 I added to fill in the zeros:HONG KONG-OLD VHHX13 10930136 22.326667 114.191667111.9008800015 << addedHONG KONG-OLD VHHX31 10930316 22.309570 114.209178109.9031600015 << added

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

But then again, perhaps it's not, as in this case.Anyone else seeing a bright green, 50-yard wide line wherever 9D terrain meets default terrain?

John G.

Same here.Two pics of problems I have found so far:Odd blue textures....PXs1.jpg..and the green strips:PXs2.jpg

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest simonmd

g3d.dll and indeed g2d.dll errors are caused by conflicting scenery elements. Please go over your installation again and ensure that all of the FS9 default files that MUST be removed or re-named have been done. I know this from my own experience after I re installed my FS9 and left a default file in there. See, even a Beta tester can make that mistake!!Just to clarify with the folder numbers and the AFCAD folder. The numbers do no matter as they are to be removed anyway. You should simply have '9Dragons', '9Dragons Autogen', etc. As for the AFCAD folder, DO NOT place this in an FS9 folder. It is there to give you a choice of AFCAD files, the required file should be placed in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon Scenery9DragonssceneryBy default, you already have the 'runway 31 closed' AFCAD in there anyway so there is no need to use these until later if you wish.Next, NO it will not work in FSX.Finaly, useing VHHH and KaiTak together. If you just activate them both, you WILL have problems. 9D KaiTak is very extensive and overlaps any other VHHH scenery. However, for those that really want their cake AND eat it, i've put together a guide on how to do it.See this other AVSIM thread for the full instructions,http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=35432&page=Thanks to all for the huge amount of praise so far. All the 9D team are very proud of this and Marcus (Clutch) has finaly realised his dream that he has been working on for over five years. Thanks Marcus for hanging in there!!

I can answer both issues you are seeing. Top photo. You did not remove some previous Kai Tak software. Those lightpoles on the apron are not 9Dragons - so you are haing conflicts.The bottom photo is a known issue. I just didn't have the time to blend in some of edges smoothly from photoreal to default FS9. I know looks ugly. On my "To-Do" list. But you are seeing it correctly.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work. It looks and performs great!!! I try and add some ai traffic this weekend.Cheers

Ok, problem solved, there was an AF2VHHX.bgl from KaiTak 98 scenery in AddOn Scenery/scenery...no more ligthpoles, THANKS A LOT for this work of art Clutch cargo and team.

Iñigo Bildarratz

To the entire 9 Dragon team, Just want to thank you for bringing back to life the great Kai-Tak. The scenery is awesome and the manual is most informative especially for the step by step instruction. Now that I have UT working for VHHX the airport has really come to life. Thanks again for the many hours each of you have donating to the flight sim community.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Since Clutch has made it very clear that 9Dragons is Freeware and is not interested in any donations, may I suggest that everyone who has obtained this marvelous addition from Avsim consider a donation to Avsim.Take a moment to look at the screen which pops up prior to getting your download - the method of donating is all explained there.I for one think we owe Avsim a huge thank you for hosting this enormously popular set of files.

First of all, I think this addon is a work of art and will hopefully win one of those year end awards. I just made two landings with the PMDG 747 on RW 13, one at night and other during the day. What a joy!I have one minor suggestion for a correction. As I was flying along the RW 13 approach from VOR TH to VOR CH, I noticed a couple of islands to the left of my aircraft where the photo scenery cut off in the middle of the islands. Out past these islands there is mostly open ocean. Anyway 9Dragons can complete the photoscenery for these two islands? This would make the scenery along that approach route more complete.Again congratulations on an awesome piece of work!Mike

Thanks for the response, Clutch. It's not really a big deal - I'm just grateful that it's a known issue and that I don't have to go through the install process again! :DJohn G.

John G.

Guest Timothy Brown

Great job guys! Really worth the wait! Finally able to move on from Thomas Kwong's FS2000 Scenery!But for some reason, I have these patches of land appearing in victoria harbour and some of the buildings are submerged in the water! Does anyone know how I can fix this?